Namjoon

"What the fuck do you mean the delivery failed? I had my most trusted men take it!"
      Yoongi sighs, shaking his head. "They've disappeared. Gone. The men, the money, the blood deliveries as well." He explains calmly.
      I stalk around the office, growling in rage. This is the third time in the last few months shit has happened! "We can't continue our empire like this. Our buyers will begin to pull back. Lose trust. We have to resolve this. Who the fuck is fucking with me?!" I mutter.
       Yoongi frowns, just as concerned. "Joon...you don't think—"
      I slice him a hard look. "No, I don't fucking think! Not even an option. You know that."
       He groans, shaking his head—about to argue when the door opens a crack. I turn to yell at the intruder only to stop dead in my tracks as my timid mate pokes his head in. "Joonie...I'm s-sorry to interrupt your meeting b-but Yoon-Jae wants his daddy. He's throwing a tantrum." He says apologetically.
      Yoongi's frown changes instantly to a disgustingly mushy smile and he stands up. "Sorry, Joon. Duty calls. You know I'm probably right about this, though. Think about it, please." He says, walking past Hoseok and into the main house where Hoseok is babysitting the boys.
      I pinch the bridge of my nose and take a few deep breaths. I have to control my temper. This shit isn't helping anything.
      "N-Namjoon?"
      I wince, hating the nervous shaky voice of my partner. I hate scaring him. I don't do it intentionally. Sometimes the stress gets to me.
      "Hm?"
      He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my neck, hugging me. "I love you, yeah?"
      A reluctant smile slides onto my face. "Love you, too, baby." Groaning, I lift him into my arms and set him on my desk, cupping his cheeks. His bright eyes look back at me reflecting love and affection. But also fear. There is always fear there now. Ever since...
      I hate that fear. It's been years and yet neither of us have gotten fully over it. I almost lost him. We both lost our child. It's not something you just get over. It's traumatized him more than me, though. Anytime I touch him remotely sexually he flinches and shies away from me.
      It's been years since we've properly mated. He barely lets me touch him at all like one of these rare times. Not even during his heat. He's taken to drugs and shutting me out to help.
      I kiss his lips softly, caressing his face. "How are you doing?"
      He looks away. I know it's hard for him to pretend to be happy all the time and he's struggling. Just seeing Jimin and Jungkook raising their boys is hard for him even though he'll be supportive and help. I know he wants to be pregnant and have his own but that fear stops him from asking or even suggesting it.
    I hate it. I just want to be a good mate for him. To do everything I can to make it better but there's nothing I can do. Until he's ready to trust me and move on...we're stuck. That, I'll admit, is a huge part of my stress. 
      "I'm...okay. Im sorry." He frowns, tearing up. I know he sees how hard I'm struggling with all this as well no matter how hard I hide it. That's what it means to be mates after all. "D-do you really love me? Even though I'm worthless as a m-mate?" He whispers, shuddering.
      I sigh. We've had this conversation a lot. He still feeds me but that's it. He tries to help but refuses to let me get close to him. "You're not worthless. You're my everything. Please stop putting yourself down. I'm not pressing the issues, am I?"
      Shaking his head, he frowns. "I j-just...you deserve better. Better than a broken untouchable useless—"
      I kiss him again, silencing him. "Hush. Don't say shit like that. You know I don't like it."
      Whimpering, he buries his face in my chest, clutching my suit jacket. "I can't help it. I want to make you happy but I know I'm just making you angry."
      "I'm not angry with you, baby, and you know that. I'm having a lot of issues lately with work. It's nothing to do with you."
       "Y-Yeah but I can't even help you with stress relief." He whispers, ashamed.
      I tilt his chin up. "You know I don't care about that. I won't pressure you. Have you forgotten I'm a vampire, love? Self control is my forte. As long as you are okay then I'm okay." I remind him.
      His cheeks flush. "I'm n-not okay, though." He stutters. "I hate being scared. I want to be how it was before. I want to have my own little boy or girl to play with Koya and Yoon-Jae. I want the perfect family and life!" He cries. "B-But I just can't get past—"
       "I know. I know, love. It wasn't fair. You didn't deserve that and none of it was your fault. You did nothing wrong, Hoseok. You didn't lose our baby. You didn't do it. It was Taehyung, remember? We had you tested. Your body was full of labor inducing medications. Too much, too soon. There wasn't a chance. You did nothing wrong." I shake him gently, being firm. "You know this."
       He sobs. "I c-can't help it. I should have known! It is my fault! I d-don't deserve to have your child!"
      Sighing, I sit down and pull him into my lap, resolved to not get anymore works done today. My mate is more important any day.
       Something has to give, though. It's becoming an everyday thing. We can't continue on like this.