Taehyung

"Finally awake?" I'm eternally bored as I lounge on the oversized silk chaise across the room from Yoongi's bed. He stirs a bit, peaking blearily over at me. I really have no patience for the amount of time humans need to recover from anything. It's tedious.
        I give a tight smile. "Thought you might not actually wake up. I was slightly concerned. Glad to see it was a wasted emotion on my part, after all."
        Sitting up slowly, he winces, staring down at his bare chest, covered in marks. He looks like he's been in an animal attack...I suppose he has in a sense. "What happened?"
       I raise a brow. "You really don't remember? I doubt you want my feedback on your past transgressions. Personally, I thought you did something extremely stupid but that's just me." Shrugging.
        His eyes widen. "Jungkook."
       "Yeah. The little vampire-wolf bitch." I bare my teeth. "He's really something, isn't he?"
       "He's still learning to control his urges and strength."
       "He's going to get you killed." I shake my head. "You used to have some common sense. Did turning human royally fuck your brain, Min?"
        Glaring at me, he clenches his fist. "He isn't like us. He wasn't born vampire. It takes time to adjust."
       I sneer. "I still can't believe you did all this for him anyway. Doubt it ends up worth it."
       "Like you wouldn't do it for Jin."
       "What makes you so sure?"
       He scoffs. "Try saying that again? You know...where your murderous mate isn't behind you plotting your demise." He points behind me.
        Shit. I turn to look at Jin glaring at me, enraged.
       "You seriously would let me die instead of turning me? Are you kidding me?! I've done nothing but suffer your bullshit all these years and you can't even consider turning human to save me?!" He slaps me upside the head. It's actually quite painful. "You're such an asshole." Stalking off, he mutters curses down the hall.
       "You couldn't warn me?" I huff.
        Yoongi smiles. "Don't you have super vampire hearing? I'm just a stupid human, remember?"
        "Ass."
       He sticks his tongue out defiantly. "Like I could help you now, anyway, not that I would." He sniffs.
       Rolling my eyes, I decide now that he's out of harms way, I can leave him be. I just wanted to make sure he woke up fine—not that I would ever admit that aloud. Now I can get shit done. I really don't feel like dealing with my irate mate at this moment so I avoid Jin and instead head to find Jungkook in the opposite direction.
        Now is a perfect time to begin some simple training control. I can also work out my frustrations on him as well much to my eager delight.

       Unfortunately, the wolf is nowhere to be found. Instead, I happen upon Jimin. I remember witnessing their little heartbreak just earlier. I doubt he knows where Jungkook is, either. Hmm...
       "How's it going?" Sauntering into his room, I close the door firmly with a admittedly wicked smile.
        He frowns up at me, closing the book he was reading. He taps his fingers nervously on the cover. "Alright, I guess, everything considered. Is Jin looking for me or something?" He asks.
        I laugh softly. Of course he thinks I'd only speak to him if his brother were looking for him. Fair enough.
I nod towards the book. "Fishing for information?"
"Do I even need to ask if you know what I'm doing? I'm assuming you know everything."
My chest instinctively puffs out a bit. "I do know quite a lot." Leaning forward, I snatch the book. "You won't find any answers in this, however. I can tell you whatever you want to know."
"And what do you want from me?"
"Come on now, aren't we family? Did I ask for a favor?"
"I think we both know you aren't the giving type, Taehyung. You obviously want something from me or you wouldn't bother."
I won't deny I'm silently offended. "I think I've helped you all a lot without getting anything in return? Everything I really wanted—you all deprived me of or denied me, remember? Perhaps I was a bit out of line but still. I've offered my assistance more times than can count and what have you done for me?" Reminding him.
His eyes widen, studying me. "Did that bother you? I guess you're right...we've all been really selfish, haven't we?"
"Eh, I get it. I'm hated and shunned until I'm useful, right? Isn't that just the way of life? I'm not crying in my bed every night or anything over it." Slipping down into the chair across from him and crossing my legs, leaning back as if I'm a King on my thrown. I stare him down.
"I do want something from you now, though, you aren't wrong about that."
He rolls his eyes. "I knew it. What do you want that I can actually do for you?"
Tapping my fingers on the arms of the chair, I click my tongue, considering. "I want you to do two things for me."
His brow furrows. "Two?"
"The first thing—I want you to stay in your relationship. Don't tell Yoongi you broke up. He's struggling enough as is and that will just crush him. He really loves the both of you."
"But Jungkook and I already ended it."
"That's you and him. I'm talking about Yoongi. Just don't mention it to him."
"But I'm breaking up with him, too, so he can just be with Jungkook." His eyes lower, obviously still upset over the whole issue. "This isn't really fair to me."
"Life rarely is, unfortunately. Promise me."
Rolling his eyes, he nods. "I will promise not to say anything for now but I'm not going to pretend everything is fine and normal. I...really don't want to see Jungkook and Yoongi together right now. It's hard enough just thinking about it."
"I'll accept that."
"Fine. What's the second thing?"
Leaning forward, I snatch his hand and squeeze his fingers, my face and tone serious. "I will help you in any and every way I can to bring Yoongi back to his vampire self but there has to be a sacrifice." I tighten my grip on his fingers, staring into his startled eyes. "This is the part where the unfairness comes in. Only the person making the change can give sacrifice. Are you willing to do what it takes?"
He doesn't say anything for a long time, just breathes and squeezes my fingers back. "I am. You know or you wouldn't have offered to help me like this."
"Oh, don't be mistaken, I'm doing this for selfish reasons. Yoongi is family but you're also family through my Jin. That makes this complicated in too many ways but there is only one way this can be done and done correctly. If we do this, you can't go back on it later."
He stands up, walking over to the window and gazes out at the vast courtyard. "Does this involve someone losing their life? That kind of sacrifice?"
"Glad you understand the gravity. This is a one and done opportunity. There can not be another try in the future."
Lowering his head, he nods. "Okay, tell me everything we need to do."
I smile at him but internally I'm cursing. Jin is really going to kill me this time. I doubt he'll forgive me for what I'm doing.
It's the only way.
For life is truly, unfortunately, unfair.