Jimin

"T-this...this place is...nice." I observe the dark endless creepy tunnel leading underneath the mansion. I've been following Taehyung for like 10 minutes—at least it feels that way—and finally see a metal door at the end. "You've really put work into hiding it."
He scoffs, shoving the door open and sudden waves of putrid stink fill the air. I wheeze and cover my nose, eyes watering. "It is nice, isn't it?" He teases.
The door reveals a half lit room illuminated by old torches mounted against walls. Who the hell comes down to change the lighting? It's massive and full of shelves holding dusty and ancient looking tomes. Obviously centuries—if not millennia old. It smells like death.
I look around—oh! Dead decaying bodies lay in a corner, chains shackling their rotting bones. Found the culprit for the stench. My stomach gurgles, nausea rising. "Uhh, what happened to them?"
He glances at them distractedly before shrugging. "Tried breaking in to steal and got caught. It wasn't me. They were before my time. Father must have used them as sustenance then discarded them here." He hums nonchalantly as he sorts through a specific section of books. Obviously knowing what he's looking for.
"Do you come down here often?"
He gives me a look. "Do I look like the sort to venture somewhere so disgusting often? It smells in here and there's dust on my favorite shirt. This smell is never coming out."
Right. Same old Taehyung as always. He has seemed somewhat more subdued lately, however. Not as chatty or pleased at chucking insults every minute. He's very serious lately. He really does care for Yoongi. It's obvious even if he doesn't want to admit it.
I leave him be and venture around the room, eyeing things here and there, biding my time. There are all kinds of old treasure down here. A caldron...a caldron?? "What is this used for?" I can't help but ask.
"Spells, obviously. What—you don't believe in witches, warlocks, or magic? Even with all the power we possess." He cracks a smile. "We use them sometimes. Like now, for instance."
I raise my eyebrows. "We're getting a witch?"
"No. We don't need one. Just the two of us will suffice for this." He continues scanning through the tome in his hands, clicking his tongue in annoyance now and then.
Silently, I watch him. I keep my mind occupied so I don't dwell on what it is we plan to do. It's too late to think of mortality and how it mayhap will end...much sooner than expected.
Honestly, though...I'm ready. I'm tired. I don't want to live this life watching those I love be together and slowly have them forget me. I'd rather be gone first then be abandoned. This works for me. I won't have suffer the pain from a far. I can just not exist. It's better this way. I couldn't have a better partner helping me as well. Taehyung will have no issue putting me into the ground. He won't remorse over it or hesitate. He's perfect and just calculated enough. It's better this way.
"Ah ha, I found it." He swiftly heads over to the caldron and begins filling it with random viles from the shelves. I have no idea what any of it is but after a few things being poured inside it begins to smoke.
The smell of decay is replaced with the smell of spices, smoke, and florals. He sets the book aside and rolls up his sleeves. Glancing up at me, he seems to contemplate. "Jimin, once I begin this we can't stop. Are you positive this is what you want? That you can do what needs to be done? It can not be undone. It's permanent."
I nod without hesitation. I don't want time to regret or change my mind. It's too late for that as well. I can do what needs to be done.
His eyes study me closely for several long moments but he nods. "This isn't going to be easy and it's going to be very very painful. Agonizing. You must listen to me now and only now, do you understand?"
        I pause, pursing my lips. "Why only now?"
        He smiles a wide bitter smile. "Because you are very soft hearted, Jimin, just like your brother. You can't fold even for a second no matter the pain or what's said going forward. It's going to hurt."He emphasizes. "We need to hurry and complete this before Namjoon or Jin find us." Stressing a bit. "We're on a time crunch, unfortunately."
        A tiny trickle of fear flickers within me but I stifle it out and take a deep breath, nodding. "I can do this. I've already decided. Yoongi is what's most important. He sacrificed everything for his love and I can do the same for him."
       He tilts his head, laughing a mocking laugh. "Not exactly the same but I suppose if that's what you want to think."
       "Don't you want me to do this, too? You care way more about Yoongi than me."
        He gets a pinched look on his face, hesitating and lowing the tome. "It's not necessarily that he's more important than you. You're important, Jimin. Maybe not necessarily to me—but to many other people." Shrugging. All his uncharacteristically kind words vanquished by his last remark making me roll my eyes.
        "Whatever." I just want to get this over and done with. Painful or not, death is but a moment in time in the grand scheme of things and I've been in pain for a long long time. On the brink of death more than once.
        He finishes up whatever spell he's making and takes a large breath before pausing one last time. He reaches out to me and I frown at his hand. "What?" Suspicious all of a sudden.
        "Give me your hand, stupid, what else?"
        Huffing, I do so and I'm shocked as he pulls me hard into his chest and gives me a tight hug. Taehyung is hugging me?!
        "What—"
        He presses his lips to my forehead and I feel him smile. "You know...you really aren't so bad, kitten."
        I'm frozen in his arms, surprised by his weirdly kind gesture. Is he actually being kind to me before killing me? Well, that's something to remember, at least. A tiny blessing in this fucked up mess.
        I guess there are worst ways to end a life. Him being nice is quite surprising. "Let's bring Yoongi back to his true self." I whisper, a tear seeping out of my eye before I can stop it. Stupid weakness.
        Shocking me, he licks the tear off my cheek and nods. "Alright."
       He grabs one last vile and chucks the whole thing in the caldron. I listen in anticipation as he begins chanting in an old language I don't know or understand.
"When I say so—I need you to cut your hand until it bleeds and stick into the caldron."
I eye the bubbling and smoking concoctions and feel my stomach tighten in fear. It's worth it, it's worth this. They deserve happiness. Yoongi is worth it. Jungkook is worth it. "Okay."
I clench the knife he hands me tightly and await his signal. Listening to his melodic chanting letting it almost put me in a trance. It's too soothing, calming me immensely. I feel at peace and ease.
It's almost over.
I love you Yoongi.
I love you Jungkook.
Please be happy for me.