Namjoon

"Have you worked out all the kinks in our plan yet?"
    Yoongi nods solemnly and contemplative. "I believe so. I triple checked everything and it should be good. We can leave anytime. There's been no change in his guard's normal routine. No extra precautions suddenly in place so I don't believe he suspects we're coming."
     I shake my head, A heavy feeling in my gut. "Taehyung is too thorough. He's always two steps ahead. I don't believe he doesn't know or at least suspect our coming ambush. He's too crafty."
     He frowns. "Well, there really hasn't been any changes. Jungkook has been monitoring them religiously and giving me feedback every few minutes."
     I tap my fingers on my desk, thinking. Could we be walking into our own trap? Taehyung isn't stupid. Obviously he would know we'd find him eventually. He has Hoseok. He has to know I'd never let that go...
     "Even if he does know...we can't just leave your mate there. We have to go."
     "Of course I know that. It was never an option to not go! I'd never leave him in that sociopath's hands for long. I'll go even if it means death!" I vow solemnly.
     Yoongi nods slowly. "As would I. I knew you'd do the same for me."
     I study him, hesitating. "You can leave Jungkook behind. I know you're worried about him. I won't sentence him to join us in death if this does end up being suicide."
     His mouth twists and he looks away. "Jungkook would refuse not to go. He won't let me go in there alone like that."
     "Not that I want you to die with me but shouldn't he remain safe just in case...who would care for Jimin and your boys?" I remind him.
     His eyes tighten and he sighs. "I tried to explain that to him but he won't relent. He's coming and...and honestly he's strong enough to manage by our side."
     "It's really not about strength when it comes to Taehyung, though. He's cunning and uses his mind to fuck with people. He's powerful, too, but he doesn't like to showcase that as much."
     "I know that. You're smart, too, and you know your brother. I think we'll be okay. Taehyung got inside here so easily to take Hoseok...if he was really looking to kill us then he could have done so already. I don't think this is about getting rid of us—I think it's more about goading us out of boredom."
      "That would be just like him." I sigh. "I just don't appreciate it at the expense of my mate."
      "Well...he can't play us much longer. We're ready whenever you say the word."
     Taking a deep breath, I slam my fist on the desk, cracking it. "Ready."

     Perhaps I've given my younger brother too much credit. Or maybe I'm still being played. I can't get that thought out of my mind. Why does this seriously feel like a trap?
     Trekking silently through the woods, I can see the misted force field shielding the mansion ahead. Barely making out the top floor as we brush past trees and thorns in silence.
     I stop, putting my arm out to pause the procession behind me. Yoongi, Jungkook, and a few of my men wait for orders. I frown, feeling something isn't quite right.
     Ahead, the front door is wide open. What is this? He wouldn't leave his home insecure, would he? Not likely.
     A tall figure I can't make out steps out of the open door and sits down steadily on the front steps as if waiting for something.
     Jungkook gasps behind me.
     I do a double take only to realize it's... "Jin."
     Cursing, I try to stop Jungkook as he rushes past us towards the waiting hybrid. Yoongi and I take off after him, our cover more than blown to shit now.
     "Jin!" He yells, barely stopping himself from attacking the cat in a fierce hug.
     Yoongi jerks him back just in time.
     I approach him cautiously. "Jin."
     He looks up at me with a quiet and calm expression, a small smile on his lips. His eyes are closed off, however. "You are here for Hoseok?"
     I step forward. "Where is he?"
    Nodding, he stands up and dusts his pants off. "I'll get him. He's been waiting for you."   
     I blink in surprise as he disappears back inside and not even a minute later my eyes fall onto the most beautiful sight in the world.
     Hoseok's smile is like the sun as he runs into my arms and hugs me as tight as he can. I close my eyes and finally take the first real breath since he disappeared. I take in his scent and nearly weep.
     It can't be this easy?
     When I open my eyes again, I meet Jin's eyes. His smile is less sad as he watches us. "What—"
     "Taehyung isn't here. Hoseok hasn't been harmed here, either. He was brought here to visit me as a gift. I'm returning him to you safe and sound. Take him home. He needs rest."
     I pull back and cup my mate's cheeks, licking the tears off his face. "I missed you so much."
     Sniffling, he buries his face in my chest. He mumbles something I can't make out.
     "What, baby?"
     He peaks up at me, glowing. "I'm pregnant. We're going to have a baby." His voice is full of wander.
     I don't...I don't know what to think or say. I'm shocked.
    I look up at Jin again.
    "Hoseok was sick. Taehyung gave him some medicine and treatment until he recovered." He pulls out a luggage carrier and hands it to me. "It's full of things he needs to keep taking." He pauses, looking down. "This is his way of apologizing for causing the death of your last child. He saved this one."
     "But...why?" I don't believe it.
     "Because I asked him to. He did it for me."   
     "Come with us." Jungkook pleads, pulling the kitten into a hug.  
     Jin takes a deep breath, hugging him back. "I can't. I need to stay here." He sighs, patting his head. "I want to. Taehyung is my mate, after all."
     "You aren't being threatened or coerced?" I ask carefully, watching him. 
     His eyes are still guarded but his smile is serene. "No. We will work out our problems alone. I can leave if I want." His eyes trail over to Hoseok. "But I'm going to stay." 
      I tighten the hold on my mate, refusing to release him from my side  for a second. He snuggles into my side, clearly still weak and tired.
     Without missing a beat, I swing him into my arms and kiss him. "Are you ready to go home?"
     He nods, wrapping his arms tightly around my neck. "Yeah."
     I glance at Yoongi and Jungkook to find them conflicted over Jin. I understand so wait patiently at the side for them to make a decision.
     Jin speaks up. "Tell Jimin...that I love him and miss him."
     "Please come with us. You can tell him yourself." Yoongi argues. "Your brother needs you."
     He shakes his head. "I need to be here when Taehyung comes back. We need to discuss some personal things. Go ahead and go home." He glances back at the door. "I'll be here. I'm not going anywhere."
      Jungkook finally steps back. "I'll come back. I'll bring Jimin."
     Jin's eyes finally light up a little and he smiles. "Really? Please do. I really, really want to see him."
     "Are you sure you don't want to come? We can protect you, Jin." I say softly. "Last chance."
    He hesitates for just a second before shaking his head. "I'm fine as I am. I'm not here against my will. Maybe I once was but...it's my choice to remain."
     Nodding, I take him for his word and, with my mate in my arms, I carefully carry him back to the hidden vehicle we parked right past the barrier.
     I meet Hoseok's eyes as the joy slowly spreads through me. I don't know what Jin did but he clearly did something to protect my mate and child and bring them back to me.
     My child.
     My mate is pregnant with my child.
    A miracle. Taehyung saved him.
    I will never forgive the things he's done in the past but for this one good deed...I will let the kidnapping of my beloved mate go. I will forget this happened and let him be.  
      For now.