223

Chapter 223

The inside of the car was as quiet as a dead mouse.

No, from time to time, I could only hear Kim Raebin whimpering as if out of breath.

Even those who would normally have comforted him by saying something like, "It'll be fine," drove silently or patted him on the back.

Because comforting him would make him more anxious.

"Hyung.... Yes, you should come 'at this hour'. We are on the move right now, so please wait nearby as soon as possible."

After talking to the manager who was barely connected, I hung up the phone.

Now, 'at this hour?' Is this a situation where he could say such a thing? This crazy bastard was still arguing about work-life balance at a time like this.

"... ..."

What has he been doing since then?

He hasn't done shit for us.

Then, I began thinking.

From here to Gangwon-do, where Kim Raebin's birthplace was located, it would take more than three hours no matter what we did.

'In case of emergency, it may be late.'

... But let's suppose what it would have been like if we had left Seoul just before our usual vacation.

That time would have been shortened by more than an hour and a half.

A difference of an hour and a half.

That calculation... I couldn't help but do it.

'Fuck.'

Because the guy sitting in front of me would be thinking the same thing.

Kim Raebin was still unable to let go of his smartphone. He unconsciously waited for another call to come, and was afraid.

At the same time, he couldn't bear to call back first...

"... ..."

I was out of breath

'Let's stop.'

It was funny. I wasn't the person involved, and I wasn't in a situation where I could help, but I was immersed for no reason.

I laughed at myself, put my head against the window, and decided to keep my mouth shut.

I didn't want to get in the way.

After about three hours of fainting in the car...

We had just passed the final highway toll gate to our destination. Ryu Chungwoo opened his mouth in the calmest tone.

"We'll be there in thirty minutes."

"... ..."

Bae Sejin struggled to talk to Kim Raebin.

"... Change your clothes."

"... ..."

Kim Raebin, who had been stiff from tension and worry for too long, slowly began to change his top.

The clothes, which were already about to dry, fell under the sheets with salt.

And Kim Raebin, who was wearing new clothes, stopped moving as if he was absent-minded, and soon began to shed tears.

"I... u-unnecessarily asked to go on an MT..."

"No."

I answered involuntarily. Without thinking.