252

Chapter 252

※Caution/Trigger warning※

This chapter deals with the subject matter of depression and death.

In fact, there was still more time before I had to 'confirm the truth'. Because the status abnormality countdown wasn't over yet.

However, the problem was that there was no time to review this leisurely after the Chuseok holiday.

'We're preparing for the end of the year shows right after preparing the new album.'

In order to show the group's ability to promote albums, I couldn't spend the end of the year in vain. There was no time for the 'truth-checking' side effects.

'I don't know what will happen... I can't miss the right timing.'

I made the most reasonable judgment on the premise that I could continue this activity.

... If I went back to my original body, I might regret trying to figure it out for a few more months, but first... Let's not think about that.

Because I agreed to prioritize the future in which I could continue this.

I exhaled.

'Here goes.'

['Truth check' <- Click!]

I pressed the word in the popup window.

Click.

As expected, my sight disappeared.

And my consciousness sank as if it was being sucked downward.

* * *

"You're twenty years old?"

"... Yes, yes."

I was sitting in a familiar restaurant.

This was my regular go-to restaurant after I started studying for the civil service exam. The food was at a good price and it was convenient to come and eat alone.

But right now, I wasn't alone.

Right now, across from me, a person with a bad complexion was sitting and eating soup.

In front of the motel next door, he was lying face down without a coat, so I was going to report him, but I came to feed him.

'Uselessly nosy.'

I was a guy who should've been busy taking care of his own life, so I couldn't help much.

I sighed. The man sitting in front of me winced, and he spoke in a crawling voice.

"I... I have no money."

"... ..."

I wasn't thinking about asking for his money after seeing his appearance.

"I bought it while I was eating, so eat it all."

"... Thank you."

He was acting like a sinner for a meal that costs less than 10,000 won. Was it because I didn't look like someone who was going to pay?

I briefly checked myself in the mirror next to the cash register.

I was a test-taker wearing a shirt and a hat and glasses. Still, my face looked fine.

It meant that things weren't too good for the guy in front of me.

'Hmm.'

I looked over at the guy who was picking up diced radish kimchi.