232

Chapter 232

The crazy plan to bring in a new member to VTIC started off as fresh bullshit.

"First of all, you can make a pre-debut. Alone."

(TN: pre-debut: the period when a trainee releases a public song/promotes it for the first time)

"... "

Why was he suddenly talking about going solo?

"If there is no special misfortune this year... It would be rather easy to win the rookie award in the male solo category. Because there will be no competitors."

He was speaking naturally.

"Didn't this agency say that it would not support solo activities?"

"I think a pre-debut is worth persuading for."

Cheongryeo calmly gave a positive answer.

'He's so confident that he even wants to do a pre-debut preview.'

As expected, the fact that this agency excluded solo artists to an extreme level was due to this guy's influence.

I crossed my arms.

"Even if I debuted like that, where is the guarantee that I'd be successful as a male soloist?"

It had been a long time since a male idol without a group of his own made a solo performance and achieved good results.

But Cheongryeo laughed.

"Ah, not a performance-oriented idol, but a vocal-oriented singer."

"... ... !"

"You're the first junior from LeTi after VTIC. I'm sure it'll be a hot topic, right? Since our fields are different, we won't be kept in check."

That was what he said.

Besides being a dance-type solo singer like an idol, a traditional male soloist aiming for the music itself, a ballad or an indie song... The batting average was fine.

But that was only if the song was good.

"And early next year, you will release a collaboration song with the VTIC unit. It would be nice if it was the kind that showed some kind of performance."

"... ..."

Appealing to the performance aspect was possible, but also weaved me together with VTIC.

"There are many cases of collaboration songs within the same agency, so even if there is a backlash, it would be at a level that would pass by. If the results are good and your role is made clear, the fans' disgust will soften."

At this point, I knew what he was trying to say.

I opened my mouth.

"... And when the scandal with your main vocalist breaks out, are you really going to say such bullshit like 'I'd rather have Ryu Gunwoo' and let me join the group?"

"You are smart. That's right."

It meant that Ryu Gunwoo would be put in as a substitute for VTIC's main vocalist in the most natural way possible.

'It sounds crazy.'

It was natural.

The reason I told him about the main vocal case was that it was the most expensive information he was thirsting for.

'Moreover, it's an incident that will happen in a year or two, which was the time period I came from.'

In other words, the verification was convenient. I decided that it would be easy to build trust by proving that I came from the future.