406

Chapter 406

The owner of the system who was on the plane with us evaporated from my mind.

As if it never happened.

But, only this guy in front of me, Cheongryeo, had remembered.

'There's no way this bastard didn't notice that I didn't know.'

How was it possible that I didn't feel a sense of discomfort while talking about it for over half a year?

It wasn't an accident. This guy's reaction right now said the same thing.

I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Cheongryeo smiled and responded.

"I thought hoobaenim would react that way."

"..."

What?

"You probably have a lot of thoughts right now... Well, aside from anger or irritation toward me, there's probably only one thing left."

Cheongryeo spoke casually.

"Does it bother you?"

"... ... !"

"You worry about people who don't know who they are, where they are, or what their situation is. No?"

"How can you not care?"

A fucking person evaporated into thin air, so of course...

No, wait.

I remembered this guy's reaction the last time I brought up the story about my parents due to memory errors.

'Memory is inherently prone to errors, so it's okay as long as you remember only the information necessary for progress...'

-What you need to be wary of is... It's an additional effect that comes from being able to remember.

-Emotion.

And then I realized.

"... Because whether he disappears or not has nothing to do with achieving the goal?"

"That's right."

The guy narrowed his eyes.

"Hoobaenim, when something bothers me, I tend to rationalize efficiency."

What?

"Well, shall I give you an example? Even though the group has already been formed, the reason hoobaenim continues to look for TeStar members is not because it will help the cause."

"... !"

Cheongryeo looked at me.

"Today, you performed a meaningless commemorative performance at an awards ceremony that didn't make much of a splash."

"..."

"You still pay so much attention to the side details, but how much does hoobaenim care about the well-being of the people you brought in?"

I closed my mouth. The guy stood up and smiled.

"This explanation should be sufficient. I'm guessing you're angry because—"

"The guy who has the system must be in a bad condition now, right?"

"... !"

This was it.