[BELATED] HAPPY BIRTHDAY KISE RYŌTA!!!

A/n: alright! I know it's pretty late like really, but were having problems with our wifi so I wasn't able to update it. and the fact that I'll be busy with school works too. So yeah! This chapter will only be Kise x Reader ❤️

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

You asked your friends and Kise's teammates to pretend that you didn't know his birthday tomorrow since you planned to surprise him at the end of the day.

The Next Morning

Walking your way inside the campus, you heard a familiar voice calling out your name. "(FIRST NAME)CCHI!" Kise called out cheerfully making you turn your head towards him as you see him running towards you.

"Good morning!" He greeted while catching his breath after the run.

"Good morning," you answered with a smile. You notice his smile seems to be fading and you already have an inkling feeling why.

"Do you know what today is?" He said with a look of anticipation as if he can't accept the fact that you forgot the important day.

"Yep. Thursday, why?" You said nonchalantly and his smile is completely gone, as you start to walk.

"Something wrong?" You asked giving him a sidelong glance, trying your hardest not to laugh and ruin your plan at how pitiful he looked.

"Yep. I'm good (First name)cchi." He replied plainly and you could feel his disappointment in his tone. You fought the urge to hug him and greet him seeing his reaction. He thought you forgot his birthday.

You entered the classroom and after a few minutes, the teacher arrived and started the lesson immediately.

The whole day was boring for you because you've been itching to surprise Kise. On the other hand, Kise is having his bad day. He should be happy and excited but no, he was irritated, sad, lonely, disappointed, and all the negative emotions in one because he can't believe his own girlfriend, his closest friends and even his teammates completely forgot about today.

It was lunch break and you excused yourself form Kise to make a final look for the surprise. You wanted it to be perfect for him to feel shocked.

"Alright guys, remember as he enters inside, the lights will be turned on and all of us will greet him. Is the tarpaulin ready? The confetti? The gifts? The--" You said as you start to worry about the plan when your friend cut you off.

"Relax, (First name)-chan. Don't worry. Everything is all good, okay?" She said assuringly while patting your left shoulder. You sighed and nodded as you went ahead to eat lunch.

On the other side

"Kyaaaaah~! Kise-kun! Happy Birthday!" His fangirls screamed from the top of their lungs as they handed him gifts which he gladly accepted. He looked happy outside but deep inside, he was still feeling gloomy. The person he wanted to hear a greeting the most and wanted to accept a gift the most is nowhere in sight. You even ditch him during lunch as he ends up eating lunch with Kasamatsu.

After Class

"Ryōta?" You called out while fixing your things and putting them inside your bag.

"Hai?" His eyes sparkled thinking that maybe you planned to greet him and give him his present at the end of the class. You bit your inner cheek, trying your hardest not to get swayed.

"Since your going to the gym after class, can I go with you? I forgot something there." You said which made him frown instantly. The brightness in his eyes instantly died out and he looked like he was about to cry but he didn't. He fought the tears back and tried his best to calm himself, nodding in response.