HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIDORIMA SHINTARŌ!

(A/n: Actually, it's my birthday too. So yeah! Happy birthday to the both of us! A SPECIAL CHAPTER AGAIN! Like the previous one lol MIDORIMA X READER)

"Happy Birthday, Midorima-kun!" This is what greeted you once you entered the campus. It's Midorima's birthday today, your long time crush, in which you later realized that you fell in love with him. You felt jealous on some girls because they were able to greet him while you didn't have the courage to do so.

Because you're cared to try again. You once experienced this when you were in middle school but got rejected which caused you to be traumatized due to being hurt badly. Therefore, you just decided to like him from afar.

"Good morning, (First name)-chan!" Your best friend said as she ran towards you, giving you a hug.

"Mou~ (Best friend's name)-chan you're too loud." You said in a low voice because Midorima and is just around with Takao, who is currently your best friend too.

"Midorima-kuuun~! Happy Birthday!" Your best friend greeted cheerfully, completely ignoring what you said and went to the two, leaving you with no choice but to follow her. Midorima answered with a nod and you poke your best friend, signaling for her to leave which she immediately understood.

"See you guys around, Midorima-kun and Takao-kun!" Your best friend said, waving her hand. On the other hand, you gave a smile to Takao as a sign of greeting in which he replied with a smile.

"What?" You asked confused as the two of you walked inside your classroom, while your best friend gave you a glare.

"You should have greeted him too! That was your chance! Ugh." She groaned, rolling her eyes at you, not even bothering to hide her expression.

"Oh, so you did that on purpose?" You said as if feeling enlightened which was followed by remorse as you failed to realize the opportunity your friend opened for you.

"Well, Duh, he don't even know me. So I sort of acted like one of his fangirls so that you'll take your chance to talk to him. omg you! Ughh."

"Well, duh! He doesn't even know me, okay? So I had to act like one of his fangirls in order for you to take that chance and talk to him! Ugh, you!" She said in frustration while you just laughed it off but deep inside you felt regret.

Soon, the teacher came and the lesson started.

"I'll give you a last chance, okay?" She whispered while the teacher was writing the formula on the board. You answered her with a nod.

Unfortunately during break time, your best friend wasn't able to give you a chance to get close to him for he was surrounded by girls.

After Class

Class was dismissed and the day is about to end but you still didn't get your chance. Opportunity knock once. This saying suddenly flashed in your mind as you felt more and more regret in your heart.

"I'm sorry!" Your best friend apologized, clapping her hands together because she have to attend her after school club activities.

You gave her a smile to assure her but you still lied, "It's fine. I can manage." It's not because you were blaming her for not being able to help you out, it's because you knew you didn't have that much courage to begin with. So, how can you even create an opportunity for yourself?

"I'm really sorry!" She said and you waved at her, urging her to go before she gets scolded for being late.

You walked aimlessly and without noticing it, you walked past the basketball gym where Takao saw you and called you out.