You Were Sick

Kuroko

Even if you wanted to go to school because you don't want to miss the class and wanted to see your boyfriend, you couldn't because of a fever. You silently cursed the rain in your mind for causing all these hindrances.

You stayed on your bed bored but you can't do anything because of the extreme headache. You're currently left alone since your parents have work and your siblings can't miss their classes.

- On the other hand -

"(Best friend's name)-san. Have you seen (First name)-san?" Kuroko asked as soon as he saw your best friend. 

"Gaah! Oh! Kuroko-kun. (First name)-chan? No, I haven't. She's absent for today." Your best friend said.

He kept on asking where you were and all your classmates' answers were that you were absent.

- After class -

"Oy! Kuroko? Are you okay?" Kagami asked as he noticed that Kuroko isn't himself today. But, Kuroko didn't hear what Kagami said and just kept on thinking about you and why were you absent.

"Kuroko?" Riko called out and once again there was no answer from Kuroko. He was called many times by his teammates and coach but he was so occupied with his thoughts that he didn't hear them.

"Ouch..." Kuroko rubbed his head because Kagami suddenly threw a ball at him.

"We were calling you many times. What's up with you today?" Kagami said irritably, probably running out of patience with Kuroko's spacing out.

"I'm just worried about (First name)-san. Her classmates said she was absent today." Kuroko said with his usual tone but there was a hint of worry if one were to closely listen to it.

"Then why don't you go to her house now? Rather than spacing out there." Riko said which made Kuroko's lips curve into a smile.

"Wow! Coach, you're really kind!" Kiyoshi said giving her a thumbs up.

"Ha! Ha! Of course. Now, now, Kuroko-kun. Yo--" She proudly said but stopped midway due to Kuroko's sudden disappearance.

"Sheesh! He sure does worry so much about her. Now, continue the training!" She said as she blows the whistle and the others went back to their training.

For the whole day, you haven't eaten yet because you have an extreme headache, plus your body feels heavy, so you weren't able to get some food cooked by your mom this morning.

*Ding* *Dong*

You hear your doorbell and wonder who it was. You thought it might be your siblings, but then again you knew they won't ring the bell anyway. So, you thought it might be one of your classmates or your best friend.

You did your best to stand up making you realize how heavy your body felt.

As you walk down the stairs, you were slow because you might trip or something while the doorbell was pressed many times.

As you reached the door, you slowly opened it as you wore your slippers and went out to the gate. (A/n; Why is it called doorbell when some doorbells are on the gates?)

You opened it and saw Kuroko, who immediately embraced you.

"I was worried, you didn't open it immediately."He said. Although he sounded the same, you could hear the worry in his voice which made you hug him back tighter.

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I suddenly had a fever." You said as you let go, remembering your current situation, fearing he might get your fever, too. Suddenly, you heard your stomach grumbling making you feel embarrassed. You knew you were blushing so hard but fortunately it wouldn't be too obvious due to your fever.