Fearless

Fearless

It's been a few months since Lilly asked Chase to prom.    As it got closer Lilly got more and more excited.     It was now the week before and that was when the news came.

Lilly answered the phone as it rang.

"Hello." Lilly says.

"Hey Lil it's Chase.    I know it's so last minute but I can't go to prom with you.   I have race that night." Chase says.

"Oh no." Lilly says.

"I am sorry, I can't miss it as I'm in contention for the Championship." Chase replies.

"I know I get it.   It sucks but I know how important it is to you to make it in the NASCAR world." Lilly replies.

"I will make it up to you Lil.   I don't know how but I will." Chase replies.

"Just win the race." Lilly says.

They talked a little bit more before hanging up.    Lilly was bummed but she knew racing meant the world to Chase.  

As the days passed and it got closer to Prom, Lilly formulated a plan.      She called Cindy (Chase's Mom) to ask for help.

"Hello." Cindy answered on the first ring.

"Hi Mrs. Elliott it's Lilly." Lilly replies.

"Oh Lilly after all the years of knowing me and being Chase's best friend, I think you have reached the honor of calling me Cindy." Cindy says.

"Okay, Mrs. Cindy I need your help.    Chase was supposed to go to my senior prom with me but it's the same night as his race.     One I want to surprise him and come to the race but him no know I'm there, two I want to have prom set up for when we get home." Lilly says.

"Ohhh I love that idea.   Chase didn't go to his prom either so.    We can have it at the hall of fame.    You let me handle that okay.    As for the race, Chase got you a hard card for a reason." Cindy replies.

They planned a little bit more and then hung up.    Lilly was happy.    If Chase couldn't make it to prom she was going to bring prom to him.

It was now the Day of Prom and Chase's Race.      Chase was already In Darlington.    Lilly got ready in her dress and makeup and got in her car and drove the 4 hours to Darlington.     She arrived at the track just as the race was about to start.     She parked and got out.    Thank god for the hard card because security was looking at her like she was crazy.   

She made it down to Chase's pit box just as the green flag flew.    She climbed up and took her seat with Cindy and Bill.

"Lilly?" Bill asks shocked to see her.