Carolina

Carolina

It was Monday the day Lilly would get the embryo planted inside her. She was a nervous wreck.

"Lilly Bean, calm down. It's going to be okay." Chase says kissing her head.

Forehead kisses were always her favorite from him.

"I just hope this takes. It's the right time. Ry and Georgie are almost out of diapers. I want this so bad and what happens if it don't happen?" Lilly asks.

"Then we keep trying until it does. They said you had plenty of eggs when you went in. I'll give as many samples as I have too." Chase says.

"I don't know if I could take the heartbreak." Lilly says.

"I know but remember you have me okay." Chase says using his thumbs to wipe the tears out of her eyes.

"I love you. I hope you know that. I love you so much." Lilly says.

"I know Lilly Bean, I love you just as much or probably even more." Chase replies.

Lilly got up on the exam room table and Chase helped her get settled. That was when the doctor came in.

"You ready Lilly?" She asks.

"Umm hmm. Gonna take that leap of faith and just pray i land on both feet." Lilly says.

"You won't have to worry my love I'll be there to catch you." Chase replies.

He kisses her head. He holds her hand and leans against her head as the doctor starts the procedure.

A little bit later it finished.

"Now what?" Lilly asks.

"You go home and rest. In about 10 days take a test." She replies.

"Okay." Lilly says.

"You ready to go home and be spoiled?" Chase asks.

They head home. Chase tucked Lilly into bed with her feet propped up. The dogs laid with her and Chase was Mr. mom. Lilly got much needed rest.

A few weeks later, Lilly was back to work and at the track with Alex. Qualifications had just ended and Alex was the pole winner and everyone was wanted a piece of him. Lilly had his phone on her just in case Ashley called. She was due any day now with their little girl. She took a step into the hauler and was headed to sit down. That's when her world went black.