Midnight Rain

Midnight Rain

Lilly woke up a little bit later feeling the bed move.

"Chase." Lilly asks softly.

"Yes baby it's me. Go back to sleep, I didn't mean to wake you." Chase says as he climbed into bed.

"It's okay, I am sorry I made you mad." Lilly says.

"Oh Lilly Bean you didn't make me mad. I was just upset and needed space. Come here princess." Chase replied holding his arms open.

Lilly slid into them. Chase wrapped them around her holding her tightly.

"I was accepted to have a consult to jumpstart transplant process but I'll tell them I cant do it." Lilly says.

"No baby, don't do that. I did some thinking while I was driving and then I ran into Ally." Chase says.

"Oh." Lilly says.

"Yeah she knocked me on my ass and set me straight. I was only thinking of my feelings and how I felt. I wasn't even thinking of yours." Chase says kissing her head.

"It hurt so bad to wake up and find out I had to have a partial hysterectomy and wouldn't be able to have another baby and carry him or her and bring them into this world. I know you had to do what you did to save my life but it still hurt. I love being a mom and I love bringing our babies into this world. But however I was wrong to just jump into this without talking to you about it first." Lilly says.

"It's okay baby, just learn from this . We both need to communicate with each other and talk things through. With that being said you have my support. I'll be behind you this whole time and experience." Chase says.

"Thank you baby. I have to go to Pennsylvania for the consult and to see if I'm able to do this. Then they will extract eggs from me and will need a sperm sample from you to make embryo's." Lilly says.

"Okay. I'll fly us both there. No matter what they say you have my support. Just so you know Ally isn't having kids quite yet and has offered to help a surrogate if we wanted to go that route." Chase says.

"I thought about it, but even though it would be our child biologically I just don't know if I could watch him or her grow inside another woman." Lilly says.

"I get it baby. Now get some rest okay. You will need it." Chase says kissing her head.

"I know. I love you Chase so much." Lilly replies.

"I love you too baby." Chase says.

They both drift off into sleep.

Rain, he wanted it comfortable
I wanted that pain
He wanted a bride
I was making my own name
Chasing that fame
He stayed the same
All of me changed like midnight
My town was a wasteland
Full of cages, full of fences
Pageant queens and big pretenders
But for some, it was paradise
My boy was a montage
A slow-motion, love potion
Jumping off things in the ocean
I broke his heart 'cause he was nice
He was sunshine, I was midnight rain