Cruel Summer

Cruel Summer

Lilly and Chase took Willow to Vail after the championship celebration in Nashville and that's where they spent Christmas and New Year's.    It was fun celebrating it through Willows eyes as it was her first Christmas.      They stayed in Vail until the middle if January and then it was back to Dawsonville and Charlotte to get ready to kickstart the new season. Speedweeks was kind to Chase, not only did he win the pole for the Daytona 500 he went and backed it up with a win. It was nice to lock into the playoffs the first race. Things were a whirlwind going back and forth from races and taking care of Willow on top of being pregnant and keeping Alex in line but Willow was managing it.

They were at Atlanta this weekend and Lilly was happy to be home and not having to travel. She was sitting in the hauler of the 48. Her head was leaned back on the couch and she was taking deeps breaths to urge down the bile that was slowly creeping up her throat. This second child she was carrying was certainly giving her a run for her money. Finn sensing something was wrong was right by her side and wouldn't budge.

"Lil, you okay?" Alex asks walking in.

They had just finished qualifying. And he probably noticed Lilly hadn't moved from the spot she was in since the morning meeting.

"Yes, no, I don't know." Lilly says softly.

Seconds later Alex was kneeling on the ground in front of her.

"You look really pale. I am worried about you." Alex says.

"Baby Elliott has decided he or she doesn't like anything because no matter what I eat or drink he or she makes me throw it right back up." Lilly says.

"Oh no. I have some Gatorade." Alex offers.

"Nope he or she hates it." Lilly says.

"Hmm." Alex says.

He gets up and disappears. A few minutes later he returns. He hands her a peach uncrustable.

"Thanks." Lilly says opening it and taking a bite.

Finn laid there with his head on her lap.

"Good boy Finn, being a gentleman and not trying to steal the food from her." Alex says scratching his ears.

"He hasn't left my side. When I get to our coach Fletcher might be a little jealous." Lilly says.

She nibbled on the uncrustable. She just hoped to be able to keep it down. Finn started to bark like crazy. Lilly lost focus as the world was spinning.

"No Lilly, no keep focused on me. I need some help here." Alex screams out.

"Chase." Lilly says.

"Someone is getting him Lil. Stay with me." Alex says.