Ivy

Ivy

Its been a few weeks since they found out they were having a girl.    Lilly was having a pretty easy pregnancy so far.    Chase was waiting on her hand and foot and she was loving every single second of it.     The weeks went by in a flash and finally it was time for Lilly to be admitted to the hospital.     She was in the suite in the Labor and Delivery department.    Lilly was laying in bed with Chase beside her, head on her belly.

"Are you ready to meet our little girl?" Lilly asks running her fingers through his hair.

"I am baby girl.   So ready." Chase replies.

"You love being daddy." Lilly says.

"I do.   Its the best title in the world.    I love all of our kids.    There is Willow who may look like me but boy is she a mini you with all that sass." Chase says.

"Truer words have never been spoken.    Then there is Lil Chase who has my blond hair and blue eyes yet is your mini me." Lilly replies.

"I know.   I love that he seems to be into racing." Chase adds.

"Well I mean its in his blood, he is an Elliott." Lilly replies.

Chase chuckles.

"Then there is Ryan and Georgia, I swear Ry acts like his name sake and that scares me." Chase says.

"Umm hmm and Uncle Ryan and Ry have the strongest bond ever.    He is an amazing godfather to all the kids." Lilly replies.

"I know.   Then Georgia our little diva." Chase says.

"Oh shes going to either be a model or a singer." Lilly says.

Chase nods his head.    They both agreed that they couldn't wait to meet the newest little one and establish what her personality was going to be.    Lilly's parent and siblings came to visit as did Chase's parents and of course Ryan and Gianna and Alex and Ashley.     After giving her a CHG bath they both fell asleep pretty early as they would be having their little girl the next morning.

Like clockwork at 8 am in the morning they came and got Lilly and took her to the OR.    Chase went and got scrubbed in and then soon he was right beside her.

"You ready to bring our little miracle baby into the world?" Chase asks kissing her head.

"Yes I am." Lilly replies.

Chase kissed her one more time.    They begin the c section.    They numbed her from the waist down so she couldn't feel a thing.    After what seemed like an eternity the room was filled with crying.

"Congratulations guys its a girl!   A healthy beautiful girl. "The doctor says.

"Man she has a set of lungs on her." Chase replies.

"I know.   Go cut the cord baby." Lilly says.

"Wait we aren't done yet." The doctor says.

"What do you mean?   What is wrong?" Lilly asks.

"Did you know you were carrying twins?" The doctor asks.

"No, twins.   Are you sure?" Lilly asks.

A few minutes later the room was filled with crying again.

"Congratulations guys its another healthy beautiful baby girl." The doctor says.

How's one to know?
I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones
In a faith forgotten land
In from the snow
Your touch brought forth an incandescent glow
Tarnished but so grand
And the old widow goes to the stone every day
But I don't, I just sit here and wait
Grieving for the living
Oh, goddamn
My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand
Taking mine, but it's been promised to another
Oh, I can't
Stop you putting roots in my dreamland
My house of stone, your ivy grows

Once they got the girls cleaned up and Chase cut the cords they took them off to the nursery.    They then got Lilly sewn up and cleaned up.    After spending some time in Recovery they finally took her back to her room.    Chase helped get her settled and comfortable in bed.     Finally they wheeled the babies in and Chase handed them both to her.

"Meet our beautiful daughters." Chase says.

"I can't believe it was twins and we had no clue.   Double the blessings." Lilly says.

"I know.   They are perfect just like their mother." Chase says kissing her head as he slid in beside her.

" Chase says kissing her head as he slid in beside her

They laid there in awe of them.    Lilly attempted to feed them both one by one and they both latched on.    

And now I'm covered in you
I wish to know
The fatal flaw that makes you long to be
Magnificently cursed
He's in the room
Your opal eyes are all I wish to see
He wants what's only yours
Oh, goddamn
My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand
Taking mine, but it's been promised to another
Oh, I can't
Stop you putting roots in my dreamland
My house of stone, your ivy grows
And now I'm covered
Clover blooms in the fields
Spring breaks loose, the time is near
What would he do if he found us out?
Crescent moon, coast is clear
Spring breaks loose, but so does fear
He's gonna burn this house to the ground
How's one to know?

After feeding them both one by one Chase changed them.    They were now laying in their bassinet curled up together sleeping.

"I think we need to give the other little miracle a name. "Lilly says.

"Hmm got any ideas?" Chase asks.

"Ivy Snow." Lilly replies.

"Ivy Snow Elliott does sound good." Chase replies.

I'd live and die for moments that we stole

On begged and borrowed time
So tell me to run
Or dare to sit and watch what we'll become
And drink my husband's wine
Oh, goddamn
My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand
Taking mine, but it's been promised to another
Oh, I can't
Stop you putting roots in my dreamland
My house of stone, your ivy grows
And now I'm covered in you
And I'm covered in you
So yeah, it's a fire
It's a goddamn blaze in the dark
And you started it
You started it
So yeah, it's a war
It's the goddamn fight of my life
And you started it
You started it
Oh, I can't
Stop you putting roots in my dreamland
My house of stone, your ivy grows
And now I'm covered
In you
In you, you
Now I'm covered in you
In you

After  naming their second girl they spent the time taking care of them both and just soaking it in.