August

It's been a few months since Chase was released from the hospital and he was doing well

It's been a few months since Chase was released from the hospital and he was doing well.    His pelvis was completely healed.     They were back down in Daytona for the first race of the playoffs.     Lilly was scared but she knew racing was his passion.    It was Saturday and they were all down by the car to support him.   

Lilly wrapped her arm around his waist, laying on his shoulder.   Chase kisses her head.

"Penny for your thoughts baby?" Chase asks.

"I am nervous.    It's only been seven months since I watched you almost loose your life in this car at this track." Lilly says.

"I know baby but I'm okay and I'm ready." Chase says.

"I know and I trust you and Alan but you can't control the others.    That's what led to the accident other people." Lilly replies.

"I know.   It will be okay.    I love you." Chase says.

"I love you too.   I love you so much." Lilly says.

She leans up on her tippy toes stealing a kiss.      She wasn't the only one scared.    Willow and Georgia were clinging to his leg.     Chase bends down scooping first Georgia up, tossing her into the air and catching her.    He then did the same with Willow.    He spent a few minutes with each of the kids before getting in the car.

"Good luck baby, I love you." Lilly says.

"I love you more." Chase says.

He stole a kiss from her before putting his sunglasses on her face and hat on her head.

He went out and laid down the fastest lap.     Lilly was so proud of him.      He ended up advancing to the final round of quals.      He went out from there and ended up winning the pole.     Lilly was so proud of him.     Chase bought the car in and as soon as he was out of it Lilly all but jumped onto him.

"Congratulations baby!" Lilly says.

"Thanks my love.   I owe it all to you." Chase says kissing her.

The kids all came over and Chase spent time with each of them.   They took pictures and everything.    They finally were able to head  back to the bus.     They spent a low key night with the kids before putting them down for bed.     Lilly was in their room getting ready for bed.

She felt arms snake around her waist hands resting on her belly.

"I still can't believe we are here again right back to square one." Lilly says.

"I know but I'm okay.    That wreck was a fluke and it's not going to happen again." Chase says kissing her head.

Lilly turned to face him.

"Do you know how scary it was to watch them pull you out of that car, limp and unmoving.    It was the scariest moment of my life." Lilly says as tears start to fall from her eyes.