Soon You'll Get Better

"I said your daughter has Cancer, lymphoma to be exact

"I said your daughter has Cancer, lymphoma to be exact." He replies.

"That's not funny!   Not at all!" Lilly says panic rising in her voice.

"I am not being funny, Mrs. Elliott.    Carolina has lymphoma.    The sooner you come to that realization, the sooner we can start her on treatment." He says.

"Who the hell are you?" Lilly yells upset.

"I am Doctor Gregory House, but everyone calls me House." He replies.

"Well House, isn't that what you said people call you?" Lilly asks.

"Umm hmm." House says.

"Well you can get the heck out of my daughter's room and I want a second opinion.   My daughter does not have cancer." Lilly says voice breaking as tears roll down her cheeks.

"Oh Lil baby, I got you." Chase says coming up behind her.

"Look I'm sorry that I can come off as a prick or an asshole.   But trust me when I say your daughter had Lymphoma, a rare childhood cancer and I am the best doctor for her to have.    She will beat this and she will win!" House says.

"Thank you, House.    My wife is just upset and frantic and well to put it frankly you were kinda rude." Chase says.

"I know I will not apologize for it either.   I don't care about people's feelings, I care about saving their lives.   So if you want me to I am happy to help you treat Carolina." House says.

"Only problem with that is we aren't from here." Chase says.

"Oh." House replies.

"I am a NASCAR driver and I race Sunday at Bristol.    Well I am supposed to." Chase adds.

"Well I can get the treatment on the right path and then make referrals to you for back home wherever that is." He answers.

"We are from Dawsonville so the closest would probably be Children's of Atlanta." Chase replies.

"No Chase if he is going to treat her and he is the best she should stay here." Lilly says softly.

"I mean we can.   It's only four hours driving and and hour and a half flight." Chase says.

"I know.   I'll stay here.   You can come and go." Lilly says.

"I am going to ask Rick to get a fill in." Chase says.

"No baby, Carolina loves watching you race, she would be heart broken if you didn't because of her.   Besides that's the one place you can check out for a bit." Lilly says.

"Okay.   If it's okay we would like to stay here with you as her doctor.   Start treatment right away." Chase says.

"Sure.   I will let you guys get a few hours rest.    Then we can have a meeting down the hall in the conference room and make the plan." House says.