96

Game night Harry and the guys are taking turns on the game system. It's night like this that remind me of when I first got here. I remember watching them become rowdy and feeling like I was in the middle of a war zone waiting for someone to kill me.

I've gotten use to it it's actually pretty entertaining to watch Louis be a sore loser. I snicker and Louis turns to me "you think something is funny?"

"Yeah you're acting like a toddler."

He rolled his eyes "you think you would be better here." He goes to toss the controller at me. Harry catching it. Harry kicked the coffee table louis was sat on over making him fall along with the chips.

"HEY!" Louis chirped at Harry

Harry shrugged "don't throw things at my girlfriend."

Harry pointed out the controls on the control and what they did. I was sneaking around.

Liam spoke "I just got the text we can start construction this week."

Harry spoke "and zyan checked it out it looks good?"

"Yeah it won't be as big as here but its good enough."

I look at Harry "what are you talking about?"

Harry continued "we are going to set up another base like this one."

"Oh"

"I was going to talk to you later about it we just decided it a week ago and we're working out the kinks to see if it was actually feasible."

"Is it far?"

"It's a plane ride it's about 2 hours." Liam spoke

Harry rubbed my calf "I'll only be needed for big things and once it's livable we can have a place there."

"What about here? I like it here."

"We don't have to be there forever just to get things going."

"But my shop. Harry I just started this commitment with Sarah"

It was quiet

"Why would you say yes when you knew."

He bit he's lip "I can do visits there. It will get figured out."

I nodded.

Harry pov

I'm sat in the office with Liam Louis and niall.

Liam speaking "mate you should really think about temporarily moving there. It would set the expectations up like what we did here."

"Lex doesn't want to move. She like it here and it's not fair when she's trying to have her own life."

Liam spoke "temporarily long distance..."

Louis spoke "yeah right have you seen this man without his girlfriend for more than 2 days."

"You being here when dire was building up to what is is now is what made it so successful." Liam crossed his arms

"I was drugged out liam. I can do what needs to be done from here and when I'm needed I'll go there. We can send some of our best men there to help situate the base"

Liam rubbed his face "What if you have her open up a thrift there it will be extremely needed in the beginning."

"I don't want to put to much on her plate."

Louis speaks "it's a bloody thrift shop she'll be fine"

I sigh. Leaning back into my hair "I'll talk to her."

.
Alexis pov
I'm standing on a chair hanging a painting when I feel hands on my waist. I look down to see Harry he smiles up at me.

"Does this look straight?"

"Little left." I move it a bit "perfect."When suddenly I feel something sharp on my ass I look down to see Harry biting me.

"Ouch! Harry!"

He laughs "sorry I could resist."

"Ew love" Sarah gags walking in from the side room.

Harry grabs my waist putting me on the ground. "So I was wondering if you wanted to go with us tonight?"

"Where?" I ask

"The new dire base. It's cleared and safe to visit"

Sarah speaks "You're making a new one? what's wrong with this one?"

"Nothing besides us out growing it. Would you want to go with us sarah?"

"UH HELL YEAH!"
.
Once we land we went straight for the base. One of the house were set up to be livable.

Harry telling us this is basically how dire was when they started. It made me realize just how much work went into it for it to be what it is now.

The next day we headed into the car and drove on a old road covered in debris. He parked the car and Louis and niall went one direction and Harry lead the way as Sarah and I followed."

It was a literal ghost town. Sarah and I played the guessing game of what shops should be what.

Harry walked into a building "this would make a great thrift shop"

I glare at him

He continued "you know with all the people coming here and not going to have access to the outside world much."

Sarah spoke "maybe lex and I can expand" she nudged me

He scrunched his nose "yeah but what about the other shop?"

She looked at me and back at Harry "well I'm guessing you're going to be here a lot and well lex can run this one for the most part I mean if your ok with that lex?"

I cross my arms "Harry is this why you brought us here. Trying to convince me to move here."

He sighed "kinda but it's true we need a shop here and your the ladies that know it best."

I lean against the wall and Harry pulls my arm "don't touch the walls I'm pretty sure it's led paint." He winced.

I walked out. He followed "if Sarah is ok with it then what's the problem?"

"I like dire it's home. It's the first place I ever felt safe."

He sighed rubbing my arms "I get that. We just want to expand so it gives others a chance to have that."

"I'm being selfish" I look up at the sky when I feel tears in my eyes

He wiped my face "no your not. You just haven't had that safety net so you scared to lose it. But I can promise you dire isn't going anywhere it's your home. We stay here for a bit get it going then we go back home."

"Ok" I nod.

When there's a loud rumble coming from one of the buildings I look at Harry concerned

He smiles "niall and lou must have found the dirt bikes zayn had dropped off."

Sure enough they go flying past us. Harry grabbed the other bike and Sarah jumped on Niall's bike and we drove around im honestly surprised nobody got hurt with how reckless they were.