97

Louis pov

Niall and I were dropping off another kid when I over heard one of the staff "Tristan you can't just curse at everyone and breaking things is unacceptable."

"Fuck you you Fucking bitch!" the kid spoke

"Oi" I spoke walking over "watch it lad."

"Fuck you dickhead!"

"Watch it you don't know who you're talking to.." I warn

"I don't care pussy!"

I smiled at the woman "I'll be taking this lad for the day."

The woman stuttered "uh um uh ok I are you sure?." She must know what I'm capable of.

"I'm sure."

I lead the kid out slamming him against the wall "in there you're protected safe. out here lad it's fair game."

"I never wanted to be here."

"No but you are and you should be thankful you're not with your shit parents."

He went to hit me but I stopped him.

"Pick your battles I can blow your fucking brains out I'm not the one"

"Fuck you!"

"Get in the car!" I shoved him into the passenger seat. As he cursed at me. Nothing I haven't heard

"You're a very angry kid." I shake my head

Silent. Even though the silence is nice it's not going to help him.

"Tell me was it your mommy or daddy that hit you?"

"Fuck you." the kid yelled

I snickered "to think words affect people aw how innocent." I pinched  his cheek he hit my hand away.

"Where are we going?" He asked as I drove out of dire

"To kill you."

"What!"

"Im joking im joking nearly shit yourself didn't ya.." I laugh shaking my head "We are going to blow off steam"

We got to one of our warehouse it was one full of old furniture and shit like that.
I opened his door leaning against the hood lighting my cigarette

"What are we doing here why did you bring me here?"

I shrugged "you like breaking stuff so break Shit"

He didn't move so I got up grabbing a bat breaking a tv and then a coffee table dropped it in front of him "your turn"

He hesitates

"Get that angry out your angry with your old life. you were a scared little boy hiding and now that your safe and deep down know your safe your acting out on the ones who genuinely care. So get it out mate."

He picks up the bat smashing chairs lamps tvs microwaves. Everything in sight. "Why did you bring me here." He shouted at me

"I told you."

"Not here to dire"

"Because you needed a second chance. You were giving cards that were faulted. Dire is a place for people to help each other that got the short end of the stick.
Yeah mommy or daddy hit you you've seen shit but so has ever single kid in that building so has every person in dire. You're not alone anymore."

"It was my mom she was a drunk and my step dad would beat me over shit i didn't do."

I nodded. He smashed the table into smaller bits until he was huffing for air "What happens when I grow up I'll be alone again"

"You won't you'll have dire. once you're 18 you can work for us. Or leave it's your choice"

"Work what?"

"The bakery, a teacher a.."

"Killer" he finished

I looked at him "yeah"

"You killed my mom."

"I did" I nodded "someone needed to protect you. don't bother thanking me. It wasn't personal."

"Did your mom or dad hurt you."

I took a deep breath. My mom was a drug addict. They sent me and my sisters into separate group homes where shit was worse. At least at home I could make sure they ate and protect them. I was angry like you but worse they sent me into an all boys juvenile orphanage type shit. That was hell. You even blinked wrong they would beat you and send you into a shed for punishment. I would dream of a place like dire to come and get me out."

"That's why you kill people because you're still angry"

"Sorta yeah."

"Can I shoot your gun?"

I look at him "sure" I throw him my gun he catches it. Never said I was a good role model. Literally the opposite.

"I had a BB gun in my closet for the next time he tried to hurt my mom."

My eyes pitched shut at the sky. This kid really loved his mom even though she beat and she allowed the guy to beat the shit out of him.

"Why protect her?" i ask

"She's my mom." He shrugged

"So. Blood isn't shit kid. It's who's there for you when you're at your lowest who would put their life down for you."

"You did." He looks at me like I'm his hero but I'm not

"Dire did."

My phone rings
Harry. When I hit answer

"You have a kid with you?" He asked more confused than concerned

"Yeah"

"Why" he asks genuinely confused

"He was being a little shit so.."

A loud bang of a gun went off

"Louis did you give him a fucking gun!"

"Yeah..."

"Jesus Christ if the kid is unstable why would you.."

"I'm unstable" I laugh

"Louis don't hurt the kid."

"Fuck off he needs to be taught a lesson."

Another bang went off

"I HIT IT I HIT IT!" The kid shouts "I'm so ready to kill mother fuckers!"

"JESUS LOUIS FUCKING" I end the call laughing

I Look at the kid "no your not you need to be a kid before you do such."

"Being a kid is boring."

"Enjoy it. You get to play football, play video games, and hang out with friends."

"But school.." he whined

"If you think we want a bunch of dumb asses in the gang you're out of your mind. Get smart so you can one day kill all the mother fuckers you want."

"Fine." He sighed

"Do me a favor stop causing so much trouble. The people in this building only want to help you."

"Ok." He nodded