17

The 50% the other party mentioned was based on the yield per mu before the end of the world, but the yield of the seeds they planted would not reach the yield before the end of the world.

  With good care, there are only 80 to 90% of the original number. Those who take care of them carelessly may not even be able to support their own families.

  It was a surprise, no one brought it up, so Du Qing pretended not to know. Even if he brought it up, the result would not change.

  You don't care about these seeds, but some people do, and I heard that the rice grown from these seeds has a very bad taste, just like eating sawdust. In his previous life, he had never eaten rice that tasted like sawdust.

  For a person like him who is alone and has no particular area of ​​expertise, he will only starve to death while working in the base. At first, he may be able to find food in the city, but later on, even if he finds food, , and most of them are inedible.

  Various factories have also closed down. Gasoline is also a precious resource in the apocalypse. If he wants to take a ride to other places, he will need a lot of food just for the fare. He cannot eat enough and starve to death every day. Where can he have money? Experimental base.

  And I heard that in addition to the original residents, other people who want to live in the experimental base must go through heavy screening.

  "Dad, don't worry. Since the local government has said that this kind of seed is heat and cold-resistant, it can definitely be grown. Compared with others, our village is lucky enough." Du Qing comforted him.

  This kind of seed is heat-resistant and cold-resistant, and its vitality is extremely strong. It can compete with the cacti in the desert. I don't know how these people made it.

  But it is estimated that it is extremely difficult to get these seeds, so there is no way to promote them.

  Chapter 20:

  In order to prevent anyone from asking about the precautions for these seeds, the staff who distributed the seeds also specially distributed a piece of paper with almost all the precautions written on it.

  And this seed is different from ordinary ones. Once you plant one, you can plant another immediately, regardless of the season.

  It doesn't matter in summer now, but it's different in winter. You can only plant it once in early winter. After early winter, you can't plant it anymore. The thick layer of snow will suppress the rice underneath, and you won't even see the sunlight.

  Even if it is mutated, if it cannot see sunlight and cannot perform photosynthesis, it will not be able to grow like this.

  After taking the seeds home, Du Qing felt itchy and wished he could plant some in the space now to see what the mutated rice he had dreamed about in his previous life would taste like.

  Rumor has it that it is very unpalatable, but rumors about this thing have always been getting more and more outrageous. Du Qing thought to himself, this is probably because the grapes are said to be sour because they cannot be eaten.

  "Dad, let me help collect these seeds." Du Qing said.

  "No, it's just a few kilograms of seeds. Just put it in the cabinet under the TV. If you put it at home, no thief would be so bold." Dad Du waved his hand and put the bag into the cabinet.

  Du Qing rolled his eyes and thought, if you put it here, it would be convenient for him to take some and try it out. There are people at home during the day and the door is locked at night. If it is placed in such a place, even if there are thieves, they will never think that they will hide the seeds. Under the TV, inside the cabinet without the chain.