Chapter 9 Slap

Zhou Niannan subconsciously wanted to refuse: If he went inside to talk, wouldn't he be alone with her and arouse criticism?

Xie Miao understood and said provocatively: "I understand, Third Young Master Zhou is afraid that I will eat him."

Afraid? Of her?

Zhou Niannan chuckled and immediately forgot about the separation between men and women, "Go in quickly, my time is precious. I don't want to waste it here."

The two guards wanted to follow them, but he glared at them and said, "Stand in the courtyard, stay away."

Lan Xia and Fu Lu also wanted to follow, but Xie Miao waved to them, "No problem."

The two of them walked into the study room, and Zhou Niannan looked around. It was an extremely simple room. There were desks and chairs by the window, a bench by the wall, and the rest... nothing else at all.

On the desk was placed an inkstone, ink and scriptures, and a long scroll covered with dense text, leaving only a small portion of blank space.

The room was filled with the smell of calligraphy and ink mixed with bamboo incense, and it smelled good.

Zhou Niannan's long eyebrows smoothed out. Xie Miao was dressed in a plain gown with half-twisted black hair, and no decorations on her temples. It was like white porcelain with its intricate paintings faded, or like the first falling snow in winter. It was so smooth that it made people's eyes shine.

Actually...she actually look like a monk.

Zhou Niannan blurted out without thinking: "Xie Miao, what kind of song can you sing?"

Xie Miao looked confused.

Zhou Niannan walked around her, "Let me guess, are you abandoning the method of being a delicate and soft lady and switching to the otherworldly route? It's a pity that Cui Er is not here, so you have wasted all your efforts."

Xie Miao had long been accustomed to his dog's mouth being unable to spit out ivory, so she immediately taunted him: "It is hard for Third Young Master Zhou to still be concerned about the disguise of other family's daughters. I want to study here in depth on weekdays. It is said that there is specialisation in the arts. Although Third Young Master Zhou has no fame, it seems that he is not without merit."

It's so early in the morning, why are they talking about their fame? This Xie Miao is really evil-minded. Every time she catches his painful foot, she steps on it repeatedly.

Zhou Niannan was still drunk and felt dizzy, so he simply sat down on the chair. His eyes passed over the scriptures on the case, and saw that she copied the "Infinite Life Sutra". On the top right side, it said: Congratulations to my grandmother on her sixtieth birthday.

The small hairpin flower regular script is neat and beautiful, which shows that a lot of thought has been put into it - it is also one of her ways to please the Cui family.

Feeling bored, Zhou Niannan pushed out the eye-catching scripture and said in a cold tone, "With my background, I don't need you to worry about my future. Miss Xie should think more carefully about herself and how to move forward in the future."

The arrogant and domineering answer is really in line with the consistent style of Third Young Master Zhou.

"Oh no." Zhou Niannan paused for a moment, then said with a smile, "You have already thought about how to go, but you just can't go up."

Everyone knows certain things well.

Since Xie Miao moved into the Cui Mansion three years ago, with the help of Madam Xie, she has made every effort to get close to Cui Muli, hoping to become the second "Madam Xie" in the Cui Mansion. All the efforts and tricks have failed to impress Cui Muli. Not only were all her plans unsuccessful, but the whole Cui family was fed up with the excitement.