Chapter 74 Offering incense

In Qingxin Temple, in Suxin Courtyard, under the persimmon tree.

Lan Xia and Fu Lu were sitting around a small table. Fu Lu was sewing clothes, while Lan Xia was holding the soles of her shoes.

"Oh." Lan Xia suddenly stopped what she was doing, tilted her head and asked, "Fu Lu, how many times have we been to Qingxin Temple this year?"

Fu Lu said: "This is the fourth time."

Lan Xia sighed, "Is this the fourth time? Could it be that the Young Lady is not acting on a whim, but really wants to become a monk?"

Fu Lu said without raising her head: "Do you still think the Young Lady is joking?"

Lan Xia held her chin with one hand, her face full of sorrow, "It's not that I thought, it's that I hope. I hope the Young Lady is joking."

Fu Lu spread out the sleeves and folded them skilfully, "The Young Lady has said that she will give us our freedom after she becomes a monk."

Lan Xia asked: "The Young lady and we grew up together, how could you be willing to separate like this?"

Fu Lu paused and said, "So what if you don't want to leave? Miss will not change her mind for you or me."

Lan Xia said cautiously, "We don't have that much ability, but the Second Young Master does. The Second Young Master has his heart set on the Young Lady now, and the Young Lady liked the Second Young Master in the past..."

Fu Lu finally gave her a look, "Lan Xia, what do you want to say?"

Lan Xia tentatively said, "I was just thinking, if we can help the Second Young Master regain the favour of the Young Lady, wouldn't everyone be happy?"

Fu Lu looked her up and down, "Have you accepted Qiao Mu's benefits?"

Lan Xia denied it: "No, am I that kind of person?"

Fu Lu said: "Yes."

Lan Xia: "..."

Fu Lu stared at her motionless.

Lan Xia was defeated and faced her finger with a guilty conscience, "I accepted from him a few boxes of pastries from Bazhenzhai, that's all..."

Fu Lu was speechless, "Just a few boxes of pastries to bribe you. Lan Xia, you are really——"

"What I do is called going with the flow." Lan Xia defended herself weakly, "I don't want the Young Lady to become a monk, and neither does the Second Young Master. Since we both want the same thing, wouldn't it be good for us all to work together?"

Fu Lu wanted to scold her a few words, but she swallowed the words before she spoke and sighed: "Lan Xia, remember, what you think is good does not equal to what the Young Lady wants."

Lan Xia knew what she said made sense, but when she thought about being separated from the Young Lady, she felt extremely depressed, "Fu Lu, are you willing to see the Young Lady escape into Buddhism?"

Fu Lu said nothing.

Of course she doesn't want to. She hopes that the Young Lady can marry a caring man and live a happy and harmonious life together. It would be best if she has three children, and she can accompany them to grow up like she did with the Young Lady. But she also understands the Young Lady better than Lan Xia. Instead of making small moves to plot against the Young Lady, it is better to wait and see what happens. After all, judging from the current attitudes of Third Young Master Zhou and Second Young Master, it is not as easy for the Young Lady to become a monk as imagined.