Chapter 95 Can't give in

Cui Muli had a cold face. He put his hands in his sleeves, and stared at him silently.

Zhou Niannan's mind was spinning very fast, "Haha, I'm looking for you."

"Really?" Cui Muli said calmly: "You came to see me in the mansion especially while I was at the office?"

Zhou Niannan looked innocent and patted his brother on the shoulder, "I didn't know you had returned to work. I thought you were recuperating at home... Come, come, now that you are back, let's have a good chat."

The two went to Cui Muli's study to talk.

Zhou Niannan did not show any signs of depression and exchanged recent news with him.

When Cui Muli talked about Emperor Chengxuan's verdict against Wang Yongqi, Zhou Niannan felt quite unhappy, "Wang Yongqi is a vicious dog under Zhang Xianzong. If we fail to kill him this time, I'm afraid that he will seize the opportunity in the future and make a comeback."

"That's wrong." Cui Muli said: "The prisoners are imprisoned in the deepest part of the prison, and are specially guarded by the Tingwei. They don't see the sun all year round, and they don't sleep all night. In such a difficult environment, how could you know that Wang Yongqi won't suffer from illness leading to mental disorder?"

Zhou Niannan deliberately pretended to cup his hands in obeisance, "Is it because I didn't think well, or is Lord Cui right?"

Cui Muli then talked about the Ninth Prince's wet nurse being drugged, and Zhou Niannan sneered again and again, "What a bunch of sinister and vicious guys. They can actually attack a half-year-old baby."

Cui Muli said: "In their eyes, there are only those who are complicit and those who are not of their race. The Ninth Prince has a noble status and is destined to live in high places in this life."

How could Zhou Niannan not know? He unconsciously rubbed the scar on his cheek and said, "I will clean up the people around my aunt again."

Cui Muli's eyes followed him, "Was it injured by the wild bear?"

"Yes." Zhou Niannan said, "I was just going to tell you about this in detail."

Different from the myths circulated in the capital, Zhou Niannan's version is more concise, "The Emperor strayed into the mountains while chasing a pair of snow foxes, and happened to encounter a wild bear looking for food. After seeing the crowd, the wild bear became animalistic and indiscriminately injured people. When I saw that the situation was critical, I rushed forward with my sword, and with the help of many guards, I jointly subdued the wild bear." After that, he laughed and said, "Of course, I was the main force and I have the greatest credit."

Cui Muli said: "You have made great achievements this time, and the Emperor will definitely look upon you with admiration."

Zhou Niannan disagreed, "My father and brother have made countless contributions at the border. My contribution is really not worth mentioning, but...supposing I didn't have time to rush forward that day, who do you think will stand out?"

Cui Muli thought quietly and uttered three words, "Zhang Mingnu."

Zhou Niannan gave him a thumbs up and said, "As expected of Cui Er, he knows things well."

During Emperor Chengxuan's autumn hunt, the Grand Governor Chang Zaiqing was responsible for protecting the troops. The elite soldiers and generals from the three major capital camps and the Jinyi and Yulin guards worked together to protect the Emperor's safety.

Zhang Mingnu was standing beside Chang Zaiqing to assist and support others. When the wild bear appeared and everyone was panicking, Zhou Niannan noticed that he was hiding in the crowd, with his hand on the weapon on his waist, like a sword about to be unsheathed, waiting for the opportunity to fly to the sky.