Chapter 33 A whim

Zhou Niannan made a half-fist, and covered up the smile on his lips. He cleared his throat and said: "A girl from a small place is indeed not as elegant and delicate as a lady from the capital, but she is brave enough to save my life."

"Where is she?"

"The room next door, waiting for you to ask questions."

"Well." Cui Muli looked around as if he was looking for something, "Where are the clothes and things you changed out of?"

"Zuo Qing has put it away, just go find him."

Speaking of which...

Cui Muli narrowed his long eyes, "Why did you dismiss the accompanying guards today?"

Zhou Niannan was stunned. What should he say? On a whim, he wanted to go for a ride with Xie Miao, but didn't want others to be in the way?

He racked his brains to form words, but nothing felt right, so he just said vaguely: "It's boring to ride a horse with a bunch of people following you!"

Cui Muli knew that he didn't tell the truth and didn't bother to pursue it. "You have a good rest. I'll come back before I go."

*

The clothes Zhou Niannan changed out of were in tatters. The small bag, belt, waistband, and sachet he wore were all stained with blood and exuded a strong, nauseating stench.

In comparison, Xie Miao's was slightly better, but not much better.

Cui Muli opened them one by one with his long sword and inspected them in detail. After a moment, his eyes fell on the carved dagger not far away.

The blade was soaked in blood, but the cold light of the blade was still not concealed. It is not difficult to imagine how it cuts through the wolf's skin and flesh, and how it pierces deeply into the back, strangling and obliterating its soul.

What is unimaginable is the person holding it.

"Pack up the things and take them back to the Justice Department." He said this and walked to the room where Xie Miao was.

*

Xie Miao was drinking soothing tea.

Warm tea enters the stomach and the temperature slowly rises. She rubbed her fingers, still feeling a little numb, "Xining, when can we leave?"

Cui Xining hesitated and said, "Third Young Master Zhou said that we need to wait until Second Brother comes to ask questions...how about I go and ask if we can go back to Cui Mansion first?"

"No need." Xie Miao shook her head and asked, "Where is Lan Xia and Fu Lu?"

"They are all waiting in the front hall. Third Young Master Zhou said that there are too many people talking, so it is not appropriate to make any announcement about this matter for the time being."

"Yes." Xie Miao seemed calm, but when she looked carefully, her hand that touched the tea cup was trembling slightly, "Then -"

Knock, knock, knock.

Cui Muli called from the outside: "Xining, Cousin Xie, it's me."

Cui Xining stood up quickly and ran to the door happily, "Second Brother is here!"

The previous embarrassment and confusion faded away with the arrival of Cui Muli, as if she had been comforted invisibly. Her heart gradually returned to its original position.

Cui Xining withdrew at the right time, and Cui Muli walked to the corner of the square table and sat down face-to-face with Xie Miao.

He was not in a hurry to ask questions, but poured the tea in a leisurely manner. He took a sip from the cup of tea, then frowned and said mercilessly: "Why is the tea so unpleasant to drink?"