Chapter 46 Invitation

April is fragrant, the good spring cannot be hidden, and the apricot blossoms are slanting against the wall.

The Flower Festival Banquet is scheduled on April 15th every year, when the spring is beautiful and the flowers are in full bloom. It was first proposed by Imperial Concubine Xiao, the most favored concubine of the previous dynasty. She invited young ladies of the right age from the families of officials of third grade and above to have a banquet and enjoy the scenery in Qingyue Palace. At that time, Luoyang City will send twenty high-quality flowers selected by the local flower god. The auction will be opened, and the highest bidder will win. All the money raised will be donated to the national temple as a pure and sincere offering to pray for the people.

At the highest level, the Flower Festival Banquet has profound meaning and long blessings. At the lower level, it is a rare occasion for young men and women to gather together to enjoy the elegant flowers. Of course, even if dynasties change, the Flower Festival Banquet will continue to this day.

The Flower Festival Banquet is held every year by an important lady in the capital, and this year it was the turn of the Right Prime Minister's wife. A few days in advance, invitations to the Flower Festival Banquet were sent to various prestigious mansions in the capital.

The Cui family did their part.

Cui Xining and Cui Xijun had attended the Flower Festival Banquet, so they were not surprised to receive the invitation. What was unexpected was that Xie Miao also received it.

Regarding this, Madam Xie and Cui Xining were confused, Xie Miao was confused, and Cui Xijun was furious.

"Cousin Xie." She threw the invitation on the table, ignoring that Madam Xie was still present, and asked: "You are the daughter of a ninth-grade county magistrate, and your parents have been dead for who knows how many years. Why should you attend the Flower Festival Banquet?"

Sitting on the main seat, Madam Xie suppressed her displeasure and said warmly: "Xijun, they may be doing it for the sake of your grandfather and father——"

"Those are my grandfather and father, their surname is Cui." Cui Xijun looked at her heavy belly and said bluntly, "You do have father's child in your belly, but Xie Miao's surname is Xie and has nothing to do with the Cui family."

Seeing Madam Xie's smile fade and her expression become embarrassed, Cui Xijun felt a sense of joy in her heart.

Yes, seeing Madam Xie unhappy made her feel a lot more comfortable.

Logically speaking, this was the Second Madam's family matter, and Cui Xining shouldn't say anything. But she and Xie Miao were now very close, and it was inevitable that she would fight for her. Just as she was about to speak, she was stopped by Xie Miao's eyes.

Xie Miao picked up the red-gilt invitation, opened it and looked at it carefully. There were eight words clearly written on it: Respecfully inviting Xie family's Young Lady, Xie Miao——

She looked sideways at Cui Xijun and suggested seriously: "Cousin Xijun, to be honest, I don't know why the Right Prime Minister's wife invited me to the Flower Festival Banquet. Otherwise, why don't you go and ask for me?"

Cui Xijun: ...who to ask, Madam Right Prime Minister?

"You -" Cui Xijun came back to her senses, and realized that she was teasing her. She raised her finger to point at her, and stamped her foot fiercely, "Xie Miao, don't bully others too much! When my second brother comes back, I will definitely let him know your true colours!"

Let's talk about it, who is afraid of whom?

Xie Miao felt deeply bored and walked past her towards Madam Xie, "Aunt, while it's still early, I'll accompany you for a walk in the garden."