Chapter 84 Courage from within

A few days later, in the middle of the night, Fu Lu asked quietly outside: "Miss, are you asleep?"

Xie Miao turned over and responded vaguely: "En? Not yet."

Fu Lu said: "This slave can't sleep either."

Xie Miao's consciousness slowly returned. Knowing the reason for her abnormality, she suggested: "Come sleep with me?"

The sound of rustling clothes was heard, and Fu Lu entered the inner room softly. She turned off the lights and laid down on the outer side.

"Miss." In the darkness, her eyes widened and she stared blankly at the ceiling, "This slave can't sleep."

Xie Miao laid on her side on the pillow, " En, are you scared?"

Fu Lu's hands tightly grasped the quilt, "... en."

She had been suffering from insomnia for several nights. As soon as she closed her eyes, a mess of dirty and mixed colours appeared in her mind. The red is the flames engulfing the curtains, the navy blue is the panic of the Young Master, the apricot is the suppressed cry of the Young Lady, the dark brown and tassel are the screams of the uncle and his wife...

A hand reached over the thin quilt and accurately covered the back of her hand.

"Don't be afraid." In the silent night, Xie Miao's voice was soft and hazy, "Fu Lu, I'm here."

Fu Lu suddenly burst into tears.

She was sold into the Xie family by her parents when she was seven years old, and she and Lan Xia became the Young Lady's personal maids at the same time. She is older than Miss and Lan Xia, ​​has always been steady and meticulous, and claims to be the most mature of the three. Although Lan Xia is loyal to the Young Lady, she always spoke unabashedly, so she followed behind and nagged her repeatedly. The Young Lady was orphaned due to the loss of her father. She was precocious and sensible, and always tolerated it when her relatives made things difficult for her. She would silently accompany the Young Lady when she was sad, giving her as much comfort as she could.

That night four years ago, Lan Xia went out to visit relatives. She was careless for a moment and was pushed out. When she came back, the courtyard was in a panic. The Young Lady huddled into a small ball and hid in a corner. Her eyes reflected fire, sorrow, and fear. Aside from that, there was sobbing and weeping.

For a long time after that, the Young Lady would always be awakened by nightmares while sleeping; trembling and whimpering while hugging the quilt. She felt distressed and blamed herself, but all she could do was hug the Young Lady and tell her that she would always be with her.

In that terrible memory, the only solace was the Second Lady's letter. The Second Lady said that her newly married husband was very kind to her. Although her stepdaughter was ignorant and naughty, fortunately, her stepson understood the general situation and took into account the overall situation well. Not only did he not reject her as a new mother, he was very respectful to her and helped her integrate into Cui Mansion...

For the Young Lady, the Second Young Master at that time was like a ray of light, shining into her dark life. She longed for the Second Young Master as if she was longing for light.

But everything has changed.

The Young Lady no longer chases the Second Young Master, and is no longer afraid of the past. The once weak and helpless little girl has gradually grown into an independent and persevering older girl. The Young Lady no longer needed her comforting embrace, but she was the one who shuddered and feared when she thought about the storm that Young Master Cousin might cause. What if Young Master Cousin made false remarks, talked nonsense, and slandered the Young Lady's innocence... What would everyone in the Cui Mansion, and the Second Young Master do if they listen to Young Master Cousin's words... What is to be done if the Young Lady's future is ruined...