Chapter 99 Escape arrows under the crossbow

After the Ministry of Justice announced the charges against Wang Yongqi, the former Minister of the Ministry of War, the topic after dinner changed from "Third Young Master Zhou bravely fought a wild bear to rescue the Emperor, and the tiger father has no dog son" to "Five million taels of disaster silver stirred up greed. How can we maintain our original aspirations in the face of interests?"

Who would have thought that the truth behind an old case that was settled eight years ago could be so complicated, unexpected, and full of twists and turns? Several criminals involved in this case are all important ministers of the imperial court, and they were engaged in stealing property under their care during official duties...

Extremely abominable! Extremely hateful! Extremely scolding!

According to the people's opinion, it is too easy for Wang Yongqi to be sentenced to life imprisonment. The Emperor should execute his nine relations and set an example for those who want to do bad things in the future!

...

Xie Miao, who was also a commoner, was unable to control it that much. Emperor Chengxuan's decision was well-considered. The crime of secretly hiding the disaster money fell on Wang Yongqi and Wang Keyi. It was enough that they did not throw dirty water on the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion.

The next thing to do is to pass on the news that there is a traitor around Marquis Dingyuan to Cui Muli.

In the past few times, she relied on her familiarity with Cui Muli to use unexpected tricks to take advantage of loopholes and pass the news to several of his confidants. It not only ensured safety, but also concealed her traces. However, this time it was related to military secrets. She thought about it, but she couldn't think of anyone who could handle such important information.

For this matter, Xie Miao went back and forth for two nights, but finally came up with a reliable candidate who would never reveal secrets——

Cui Muli himself.

Then the question becomes, how can she send a letter to Cui Muli himself? Another letter bureau? No, according to Cui Muli's cautious style, after the first letter, she's afraid he would set up spies in the letter bureaus all over the capital... All right, maybe there are "ambushes" in the letter bureaus in the surrounding counties. If she takes action rashly, she will definitely be within his grasp and can be easily caught – no, it is to be caught squarely.

While frowning, a sentence suddenly appeared in Xie Miao's mind.

Escape arrows under the crossbow.

(t/n: a metaphor that those who are close can avoid disaster. This metaphor comes from the fact that the crossbow arrows shoot far but not close)

"Xiangshan Wild Records" says: If you can hide me now, you will escape the disaster of several families in your generation. However, there is no reason to search close. It is the so-called "escape arrow under the crossbow".

There is no reason to search close.

Instead of worrying about being discovered if there are any flaws in her actions, why not use the most dangerous but safest way to deliver a letter to Cui Muli? For example...she would personally deliver the letter to Cui Muli.

She is a boudoir girl, so she should not understand government affairs at all. No matter how suspicious Cui Muli is, he would never have imagined that such important information could be written by her.

The more Xie Miao thought about it, the more reliable it became. Anyway, last time, Lu Xianghe sent a letter asking her to pass it on to Cui Muli. This time, an "unknown person" asked her for help again. No matter how you look at it, it is quite reasonable.