Chapter 113 Overtures

With the arrival of the Left Prime Minister, the atmosphere in the hall instantly changed, and no one dared to speak out at will.

Cui Muli and Liu Pengxing bowed their hands and called out respectfully: "I have seen the Left Prime Minister."

Cui Xijun and Su Panyan also lowered their head and eyes, clasping their fingers at their waists, bending their legs and knees to salute.

Only Zhang Mingchang, with pride on his face, stepped forward and shouted: "Father, you are finally here!"

Zhang Xianzong said: "Mingchang, come here."

Zhang Mingchang stood behind him, his chin slightly raised, looking like a successful villain.

Zhang Xianzong smiled at everyone and said, "You don't need to be polite. I happened to be resting in the mansion today. I came to take a look after receiving the news."

Liu Pengxing hurriedly invited him to take a seat. He sent someone to serve tea, and respectfully told the whole story again.

After hearing this, Zhang Xianzong put down the tea cup and said to Zhang Mingchang: "Mingchang, why don't you apologize to Third Miss Cui?"'

Zhang Mingchang blinked, not knowing why, "Father, have you misunderstood? She hit me..."

Zhang Xianzong raised his hand to stop him, "Don't say anything more. Third Miss Cui is a young lady from an honourable official's family. You must have spoken uncontrollably and unintentionally offended Third Miss Cui."

Unintentionally.

An idea flashed in Zhang Mingchang's mind, and suddenly his face was full of shame, "You're right, I was negligent." He turned to Cui Xijun and bowed gracefully, "Third Miss Cui, it's all my fault. I sincerely apologize to you and hope that you are magnanimous and can forgive me this time."

Zhang Mingchang bowed his head and admitted his mistake in front of everyone. Cui Xijun could only say with a cold face: "Okay, I will forgive you this time."

Cui Muli said, "Xijun, apologize to Young Master Zhang."

Cui Xijun found it difficult to understand. The other party had apologized, so why, Brother?

"Apologise." Cui Muli repeated.

Cui Xijun said reluctantly: "Young Master Zhang, I'm sorry."

Zhang Mingchang said with a smile: "No problem, no problem. Miss Xijun has a straightforward personality, I can understand it."

At this point, the two parties "each played fifty big boards", and the conflict that had been going on for a long time was resolved. Liu Pengxing couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

(t/n: fifty big boards each means giving both parties the same treatment/not distinguishing between responsibilities, and letting both parties bear joint responsibilities.)

Zhang Xianzong sighed: "The fighting spirit among the children actually caused the capital's Magistrate... It really makes Lord Liu laugh."

How could Liu Pengxing really pick up the conversation? He said some polite words to smooth things over, and after half a quarter of an hour, he finally saw off two groups of distinguished guests.

*

Zhang Xianzong and Cui Muli walked in front, and the others followed obediently.

Zhang Xianzong took half a step ahead and said as he walked: "Good nephew Cui made a great contribution by solving the Honghe River Valley disaster silver case some time ago. I have long wanted to express my congratulations to my nephew, but I have never had the chance to meet you."