Chapter 119 Losing composure

Xie Miao returned to Cui Mansion with the imperial decree granting her marriage to Cui Muli.

The entire Cui Mansion... no, it should be the entire capital city was shocked.

The second son of the Cui family, who had been reluctant to get married, finally got engaged! Not only was he engaged, but he was also granted an imperial decree! The person he was granted an engagement with is a cousin named Xie, who was of ordinary origin, and was said to be staying at the Cui mansion!

Everyone naturally thought: This cousin must be extremely beautiful and have extraordinary means to capture the heart of Second Young Master Cui. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, the happiest people right now must be her family!

Speaking of which: Is Madam Xie happy?

She wanted to be happy, but Xie Miao looked disheartened after returning home. She locked herself in Haihua Yuan and refused to see anyone, including her.

For the first time in her life, Xie Miao showed resistance to her most beloved aunt and took action to protest the arranged marriage.

Madam Xie couldn't be happy.

Earlier, she wanted to pair the two of them up, but A-Miao resisted strongly and insisted on becoming a nun. Although Madam Xie felt regretful, she loves her niece after all. As long as A-Miao did not become a nun, she could afford to support her even if she stayed in Cui Mansion for the rest of her life!

But they never expected that after they rejected Cui Muli's request, he actually turned around and asked for an imperial decree... Well, now A-Miao has to marry even if she doesn't want to!

Madam Xie was so worried that she tossed and turned and couldn't sleep, and she was still sighing in the middle of the night.

Cui Shishuo was awakened by the noise, so he simply lit the oil lamp and poured her a cup of hot water.

Madam Xie took two sips and said in a low voice, "Master, please tell me what I should do."

Cui Shishuo put his arm around her shoulders and said, "The Emperor has granted marriage, and there has never been a precedent of disobeying his order. Madam, you just need to arrange the marriage."

Hearing this, Madam Xie complained a little, "The Emperor wants the two children to get married in July next year, but now it's almost December."

Da Qi is a country of etiquette, and the richer the family, the more they care about the pomp and circumstance. As the second son of the family and the next head of the Cui family, Muli would have a grand wedding even without the Emperor's blessing. Not to mention two or three years in advance, at least one year in advance, right?

Furthermore, besides being Muli's mother, she is also A-Miao's elder. The two are colliding with each other... It's a headache just thinking about it!

Madam Xie shook her head repeatedly, "No matter how you calculate it, it feels rushed."

Is it the Emperor who was rushing it, or was it Cui Muli? His son was really too excessive.

Cui Shishuo looked embarrassed. He stroked his short beard, and said, "I know your difficulties. This, you can ask your eldest sister-in-law and your younger sister-in-law to help you. Just buy the things without asking the price. If you need anything, tell mother and me, and we will definitely help you get it."

Madam Xie counted on her fingers, "The three books and six rites, the engagement has to be arranged half a year in advance, a new house has to be bought for A-Miao to facilitate the wedding, and relatives have to be brought to the capital..."