Chapter 115 Adapting to life as a nun

How did this happen?

Cui Muli was thinking, and Xie Miao was also thinking.

Half a month ago, she moved into Qingxin Temple as she wished, and lived the life of asceticism she had always dreamed of. Although Fu Lu and Lan Xia followed her, she began to do everything herself, and gradually changed the minds of the two little maids, persuading them to live down the mountain.

Xie Miao calmly waited for her ordination three months later.

She didn't doubt it at first. After all, she and the nun had known each other for two lifetimes and she knew that the other party was kind and honest. Even if her aunt had entrusted the other party with something in private, it didn't matter. No matter how far her aunt's hands stretched, she couldn't watch over everything.

Until two people appeared beside her.

During her previous stay at Qingxin Temple, she had met many of the disciples there. She couldn't say she was familiar with them, but she had some impression of them to some extent.

Most of the female disciples of Qingxin Temple were born in poverty. Due to various opportunities, they entered the temple from childhood. They were influenced by Buddhist chant all year round, which made them pure-hearted and abstinent. They strictly abided by etiquette and kept a distance when dealing with people.

Indifferent as water, peaceful, and leisurely, this is Xie Miao's consistent impression of monks.

However, this time when Xie Miao entered the nunnery, she left the care of Fu Lu and Lan Xia, ​​but two other figures appeared around her.

During Xie Miao's morning class, she occasionally saw two unfamiliar faces, and heard others call them "Miao Rong" and "Miao Ru". Compared to the other disciples who were thin and frail, Miao Rong and Miao Ru were tall and strong among the women, and when they stood among the female disciples, they looked quite eye-catching.

Although Miao Rong and Miao Ru have similar Buddhist names, they are not familiar with each other. Most of the time, they concentrate on their work and do not talk to others.

Xie Miao didn't notice anything wrong.

Qingxin Temple has a regular schedule. At the end of the yin hour every day, a patrolling nun will go around the temple and beat a gong, signalling everyone to get up and recite scriptures. After reciting the morning scriptures, everyone can have a vegetarian breakfast, and then meditate and recite scriptures... After lunch, there is also the evening meditation, and then the gong is struck for silence.

Among them, the female disciples would take turns to beat the gong, clean, cook, etc. every month. Because Xie Miao was a distinguished guest and practiced with her hair uncut, Master Hui Jue did not let her live with the female disciples, nor did she arrange for her to do these trivial tasks.

To this end, Xie Miao took great effort to persuade Master Hui Jue.

"The Buddha said that all living beings are equal. I come to the nunnery to practice, so I am no different from other disciples. Others can do it, so why can't I? Master, you shouldn't treat me differently."

Under her strong insistence, Master Hui Jue had no choice but to arrange for her to clean and prepare meals.

In fact, Xie Miao was born into a proper family. Ever since she could remember, she had been accompanied by two loyal maids. No matter how difficult her life was, they would take care of her food, clothing, housing, and transportation.

Not to mention her previous life, after marrying Cui Muli, she never did any housework and acted like a complete lady.

But is this difficult for Xie Miao? Not difficult. If she doesn't know how to clean, she can learn. If she doesn't know how to cook, she can learn that too. In the next few decades of her life, she will learn many things she has never done before and become a brand new person.