Chapter 13 Waiting patiently

Xie Miao has no time to care about what other people are thinking. She is now in her own way, swimming in the vast ocean of scriptures every day, and her body and mind have been sublimated.

When she returned to Cui Mansion, she did not change her schedule at Qingxin Temple. She still spent an hour in the morning and afternoon reading scriptures and copying scriptures. Except for greeting Madam Xie and Madam Cui, she hardly left the courtyard the rest of the time.

To make matters worse, Xie Miao became a vegetarian.

There is no small kitchen in Haihua Garden, and all meals are provided by Cui Mansion's kitchen. The master's meals are all three meat and two vegetarian dishes, but Xie Miao only eats the two vegetarian dishes now, and gives all the meat to the four girls.

In this regard, Lan Xia felt a thunderbolt from the blue: She has lost all her lust for words. Is her Young Lady going to become a Buddha immediately?

Fu Lu also noticed something unusual. The Young Lady's ascetic look really... looked like a monk.

It was just a matter of fasting and chanting Buddha's name while staying at Qingxin Temple. Why is it still like this after returning to Cui Mansion?

Fu Lu and Lan Xia were so anxious that they pulled their hair and wanted to ask Madam Xie for help, but Xie Miao noticed in advance and warned them severely.

"My aunt is busy with grandma's birthday. It would be too uninteresting for you to bother her with my trivial matters." She smiled sweetly as she spoke, but her eyes were filled with cold light, as if to say: If you dare to complain to my aunt, see how I deal with you two dead girls. I might expel you from the house. Don't think that I don't dare!

Fu Lu and Lan Xia had no choice but to succumb to their master's abuse of authority, but they were wailing in their hearts: They were really afraid that when they wake up tomorrow morning, the Young Lady would have her hair shaved to become a nun. How could this be fixed?

A few days later, Xie Miao, who wanted to cut some thread, found that the scissors in the room had disappeared without a trace.

Xie Miao: ?

In contrast to the uneasiness of the two maids, the newcomers Guiyuan and Lizhi gradually became more fond of Xie Miao.

They found that the legendary pretentious, stingy and shabby cousin didn't seem so unbearable. She has a good temper, has few things to do, and most importantly, saves meat for the maids at every meal!

What a wonderful Young Lady this is!

The two little girls quickly turned against each other after being bribed with meat. They were disdainful of cousin Xie Miao in the beginning, but when they met, they started to smile.

So the daily life in Haihua Yuan is: Xie Miao is wearing a plain robe, reading scriptures and copying books, the two eldest maids are sighing, and the two little maids are smiling heartlessly.

*

However, Fu Lu and Lan Xia were overly worried. Xie Miao did not plan to become a monk now - after all, she has to wait until Madam Xie gives birth to her younger brother and her attention has been diverted, otherwise Madam Xie might skin her alive.

Besides, she still has something she must do by then...

Xie Miao lowered her eyelids, suppressing the coldness in her heart, and thought about another thing.

Dingyuan Marquis Mansion.

She knew very well that even if she lived another life, there would be very little she could do. She is a woman, living in the backyard of the Cui Mansion, and a cousin from a distant place. She is not in the centre of power, and she has no status or financial resources. If she wants to turn things around, it would be overestimating her own abilities.