Chapter 28 The wind and rain

The spring rain is falling, disturbing people.

Fang Zhiruo opened a storefront on Zhibei Street and re-established the paper mill in full swing. When she saw that the equipment was back in place, the personnel were present, and it would be operating normally in the near future, Fang Zhiruo encountered a big trouble.

She was being stalked.

If he were an ordinary scoundrel, she would sent someone out to settle the matter. Unfortunately, that person has a good background. He claimed to be Baili Sheng, the son of the General Affairs Secretary. He promised her glory and wealth, only to ask her to enter through the side door on a sedan chair and become his fifth concubine.

The Secretary of General Affairs is a fourth-rank official and is nothing in the aristocratic capital. But for a merchant's daughter like her, she could be killed with just a finger. Fortunately, although Baili Sheng was shameless, he was far from bullying men and dominating women. In the face of her rejection, he didn't undertake any other extreme behavior except to pester and entangle with all his strength.

Still, it is very troublesome.

In just six months, Fang Zhiruo experienced the pain of losing her father and the humiliation of regretting a marriage. She had just cheered up under Xie Miao's persuasion, but she encountered such a bad thing.

So what about the son of a fourth-rank official?! Such a promiscuous young man, not to mention being a concubine, she would not be interested in being a real wife!

She was extremely resistant in her heart and rejected him coldly again and again, only for the other party to become more and more obsessed with her.

On this day, Baili Sheng and four or five servants went to the paper mill as usual to pester Fang Zhiruo.

In front of the counter, Baili Sheng poured the ecstasy soup into Fang Zhiruo. (t/n: metaphor for charming someone)

He leaned on the counter with his elbows and crossed his legs, standing motionless. His big mung bean eyes stared at Fang Zhiruo, showing a smile that he thought was handsome, "Miss Fang, how much money can you make running this shabby paper mill? Why don't you go home with me, and I'll hand over to you whatever you want."

Fang Zhiruo didn't even bother to look at him and said coldly: "Young Master Baili, please respect yourself."

Baili Sheng liked her attitude of rejecting others from thousands of miles away. The more she refused, the more delicious it would be to get it.

"You are a pretty girl like a flower, why do you have to work so hard? A daughter should be kept in a boudoir, wearing gold and silver, to be fragrant and play the qin..." He reached out to catch the hands that were looking through the account books. She turned aside to avoid him and missed him.

Fang Zhiruo tried hard to hide her disgust and walked inside holding the account book. Baili Sheng stepped forward and blocked her way.

"Miss Fang, I have a deep love for you, which can be seen from the sun and the moon. If you follow me, I will definitely hold you as the treasure in my hand——"

"Pfft!" A rude laughter sounded outside the door, followed by the maiden's clear and melodious words, "I think Young Master Baili's palm must be 180 square feet wide, otherwise how could he hold a room full of treasure in the palm of his hand?"

Who is making fun of him?

Baili Sheng felt displeased and looked at the passer-by with a dark face. He saw a wisp of sunset standing at the doorway with her back to the light. He couldn't see the expression on her face clearly, but she couldn't hide her full body.