Chapter 12 Indulgence

The shadows of the trees danced and the wind swept through the branches. The dappled light fell on Cui Muli's shoulders, which made him look tall, and he looked elegant and noble.

Even Cui Xining couldn't help but feel dazed.

Her cousin is really too outstanding. Not to mention Xie Miao, how many people in the whole capital can resist? Thinking like this, she looked at Xie Miao, but saw that her attention was on Cui Shishuo, and she said with a respectful smile: "Uncle likes it, but persimmons are cool in nature. Uncle remember to watch my aunt and don't let her eat too much."

Cui Shishuo was very impressed with Xie Miao's concern for Madam Xie, "Well, go and sit in your aunt's house more often when you have time."

Cui Xining greeted the two of them, and Xie Miao called out "Cousin Cui". Cui Muli nodded briefly and replied: "Cousin."

Cui Shishuo and Cui Muli still had something to do, so they left after a brief greeting.

The two of them walked to the study, where the servants served them refreshments and left with the door open.

Cui Shishuo took a sip of hot tea. With a look of disgust on his brows, he said: "In the past, there were four princes co-managing the affairs of the country. Later Zhang Xianzong was promoted to the Left Prime Minister of the country. His Majesty must already have a plan in mind... When Zhang Xianzong's promotion banquet is held, I and your grandfather will find excuses to shirk it, and you will participate on our behalf."

Although there had been speculations for a long time, when Emperor Chengxuan actually issued the decree to appoint Zhang Xianzong as the Left Prime Minister, Cui Shishuo still felt so overwhelmed that it was hard to describe. From this moment on, the situation in the court has gone in the direction he least wants. The Zhang family is extremely prosperous in both the front court and the harem. On the contrary, everyone who has gaps with the Zhang family is in danger.

The Zhang family has always liked to form cliques for personal gain, but the Cui family is a staunchly neutral party and has never been too involved with any forces. The two families had old grudges in their early years and has always been at odds with each other. This time Zhang Xianzong was promoted, even if Cui Shishuo looked down on his hypocrisy, they couldn't make him lose face either.

Cui Taifu is old and doesn't take care of things much now. Cui Shishuo was impatient with Zhang Xianzong and simply handed the matter over to Cui Muli.

Cui Shishuo is well aware of his ability, and being Minister of Civil Affairs may have reached the top of his abilities. The first and third branches in the family are not very capable. Fortunately, the second branch has Cui Muli, who is extremely outstanding in every aspect and is more suitable for seeking power in the court than him.

The future of the Cui family rests on Cui Muli.

His expectant and heavy eyes fell on Cui Muli, who was holding the crossbow and moving forward, still calmly.

"Don't worry, Father. I will take care of this matter."

Cui Muli was born smart. He was personally taught by his grandfather since he was a child, so his knowledge in the capital was naturally extraordinary.

This time for the Zhang family is both a Hongmen banquet (t/n: a ruse intended to trap a guest) and a vote of honour. It only depends on whether the fish takes the bait and how the fisherman wants to close the net.

If possible, Cui Shishuo would really like to ignore worldly affairs and concentrate on being a Minister of the Ministry of Civil Affairs. However, the situation in the court was ever-changing, and even if he didn't move, there were also people who forced him to move.