Chapter 89 Beacon of light

Light followed him and suddenly broke into the deep room.

Xie Miao glanced sideways and slowly moved her gaze upwards, looking at the young man's smooth chin, handsome facial features, and eyes that were so gentle that they were almost cherishing.

"Cui...Cui Muli?" She said in a low voice.

Cui Muli guided her hand out, grabbed the dagger as if inadvertently and threw it away. He hugged her body towards himself, and said with a smile: "It's me."

Xie Miao was stunned, "Why are you here?"

Cui Muli took out a handkerchief, and wiped the blood on her hands. Then he took off his cloak and put it around her.

"You are here, so I am here."

Xie Miao looked confused, still submerged in haze.

Cui Muli's heart felt like it was being rubbed over and over, causing slight but tight pain. He stretched out his hand, and cupped her cold cheek. He said, "A-Miao, don't be afraid."

Xie Miao looked back stubbornly and subconsciously denied: "I'm not afraid."

He smiled, more like sighing, "Yes, you are not afraid."

He followed his inner desire and hugged the sixteen-year-old Xie Miao tightly. But it felt like he had travelled back in time to four years ago, back to Meng Mansion in Pingjiang, and found the trembling little girl at the fire scene. And tell her, over and over again, "Sorry, I came too late."

*

Cui Muli did not mention how he mobilized all the manpower he had, and even asked Fan Lekang to send people. It took a lot of time to search for her whereabouts in the city. Nor did he mention that when he came, he bumped into the three thugs who were leaving. Then he was stopped by Fu Lu outside the house.

Thinking of this, Cui Muli's mood was ups and downs, and his whole body fell into a terrible suffocation.

Half a quarter of an hour ago, he led people outside the deserted house and was stopped by Fu Lu who was guarding the door. He didn't take this little maid seriously at all, and was about to tell Shen Yang to get her away, but he saw her pulling out a hairpin and pointing it at her neck, threatening herself with death.

She said: "Second Young Master, I promised the Young Lady to stay here."

She threatened: "If you want to go in, you will have to step on this slave's body."

She prayed: "Can you just pretend you didn't see it? This is the Young Lady's private matter and has nothing to do with you or Cui Mansion."

Cui Muli said coldly: "I know everything."

Fu Lu asked: "What do you know?"

Cui Muli dismissed the people around and said one word, "Fire."

It's over.

Fu Lu felt like she had been hit in the head. Her head was buzzing, and she thought desperately: It must be Lan Xia's big mouth that made the Second Young Master notice the abnormality. Now that he knows the truth, what would he think of the Young Lady? Will he dislike the Young Lady? Drive her away from Cui Mansion...

In the chaos, Fu Lu suddenly remembered Xie Miao's words.

She said: Fu Lu, Meng Yuantang is not as omnipotent as he imagines, and we are far stronger than we think.

She said: Fu Lu, everything will be fine.

"Second Young Master, the Young Lady is not wrong!" She suddenly had the courage to look up at Cui Muli and said, "Everything is Meng Yuantang's fault!"