Chapter 96 Second shopkeeper

After agreeing to make persimmon cakes for Cui Muli, Xie Miao was unequivocal. She carried the basket of persimmons of noble origins, and with Baifan in her arms, she went with Fu Lu to the paper mill.

People in the paper mill had not seen her for a long time, so they all put down their affairs and greeted her warmly.

"Second shopkeeper, you are here!"

"Second shopkeeper, you haven't been here for a while!"

"Second shopkeeper, Qiaogu is drying paper outside. I'll call her in!"

"Second shopkeeper" was called out one after another, making Xie Miao laugh. She responded patiently, and as soon as she sat down in the small hall, she saw Qiaogu running in from outside.

"Sister Miao!" Qiaogu stood in front of her excitedly.

Xie Miao couldn't help but look at her carefully.

Qiaogu is one year older. Not only is she taller and her face plump, her complexion has also changed from sallow to white and rosy. She was wearing a green bean-coloured dress with narrow sleeves. She was neat and fresh, full of energy, and highly motivated.

"Qiaogu." Xie Miao touched her head and sighed: "You have grown up."

Qiaogu smiled and said, "Yes, we have known each other for a year. Sister Miao, my family will move to a new house at the end of the month. Can you be a guest then?"

Ever since Sun Shenyuan was accepted as a disciple by Chief Minister Luo, his life has undergone earth-shaking changes. Not only does he receive strict teachings from famous teachers, he can make friends with talented people from all walks of life, and he is no longer short of money.

The purpose of building a house in the city this time was to prepare for Sun Shenyuan's entry into officialdom.

"Of course I want to go." Xie Miao said with a smile: "Your brother is appreciated by Chief Minister Luo, and he will have bright prospects in the future. I have to take advantage, while he is yet to become prosperous, to properly curry favour with this little sister."

Qiaogu understood that she was joking, but she still said seriously: "Sister Miao, it's contrary to what you say. You are a great benefactor to our Sun family. No matter what you ask for, my brother and I will do our best to repay you."

Sun Shenyuan did not tell Qiaogu about Cui Xining, but only repeatedly praised Xie Miao for her kindness in allowing him to have a new life. Qiaogu was already very close to Xie Miao, and after hearing this, she wanted to offer her three sticks of incense every day.

Xie Miao said: "Okay, I just need your help with something."

Qiaogu puffed up her little chest and said in a polite manner: "Through fire and water, I will do whatever it takes!"

Xie Miao laughed and pinched her cheek, "Where did you learn to speak courageously like this?"

Qiaogu stuck out her tongue and said, "In my free time, I studied with sister Zhiruo and learned to read."

"That's right. Since you are making paper, you can't run away from learning to read and write."

"Sister Miao, you haven't said anything yet. What do you want me to do for you?"

"Please help me make persimmon cakes." Fu Lu took out the basket from behind, "Everyone said the persimmon cakes you made last year were delicious. As such, I'm asking you to help me again this year."

Qiaogu patted her chest and said, "No problem, leave it with me. You can pick it up in half a month..."

Fu Lu said: "That's not possible."