Chapter 27 Chess

The grass is green in March, and the spring breeze cuts through the cold winter. The fine rain shrouded the entire capital under the foggy sky.

Thanks to the rain, the taverns in the city were extremely busy. The traffickers and lackeys gathered in the lobby. They crowded into a small table in a group of five or six, and ordered a pot of simmering knives (t/n: name of a wine), had two plates of side dishes, three cups of yellow soup, and then began to talk uncontrollably over wine.

"Have you heard that the situation in capital is about to change drastically?!" A red-faced man with a square face and a thick neck said mysteriously.

The others gave face, so they leaned over and saw that several faces were quite close to each other - everyone smells like alcohol anyway, so no one was afraid of intoxicating anyone, "What did you say?"

The square-faced man couldn't hold the peanuts with chopsticks for a long time, so he just grabbed them with his hands and threw them into his mouth. He chewed them randomly, and said incoherently: "My cousin is on duty in the palace, and he said it was the one above who wanted to rectify it. Of the existing sons, leave his seat to the youngest!"

"The youngest one? The one who hasn't come out yet?"

"Exactly!"

The crowd dispersed with a loud "bang" and laughed loudly: "That's nonsense, it's still in the stomach, and you don't even know whether it is a boy or a girl!"

The square-faced man snorted from his nose, "Do you think the Emperor... the one above is as incompetent as you? He has asked Master Jue to calculate it, and the one in the belly is one with a pee-pee."

Everyone's interest was aroused again, and they whispered: "No joking, is it really one with a pee-pee?"

"Still young enough to have a son. Excellent waist! Excellent waist, ah!"

"I'm afraid it's the use of some tiger-wolf medicine, hahaha, I wish I could get some!"

Someone said sourly: "If you have many wives, you will also have many sons! How can she be like that woman in my family who has such a bad belly that she even gave birth to three girls and refuses to give me a smaller one!"

Immediately, someone yelled at him and cursed: "Damn you, you can't even take out three coins in your pocket, and you still want to beg for a small one? Your wife is willing to live with you but she is pitiful! If you don't like it, give me your wife and children, and I will take care of them for you!"

The man shrank his neck, knowing not to attract attention, and kept silent.

Someone else poured a bowl of wine for the square-faced man and continued to ask enthusiastically: "What else did your cousin say?"

The big man with a square face raised his head, drank the wine sluggishly, and wiped his mouth roughly with his sleeve. He thought he lowered his voice, but in fact, his voice was like deafening thunder, "That eldest one was caught staying overnight with an official as a guest few days ago. I heard he ordered three at once, three!"

Everyone was disgusted and envious, "The young man follows after the old man. Good waist, good waist!" They also urged, "There's more, keep talking!"

"The second child, the second child does like women but one of his staff was found guilty of bribing officials. He embezzled hundreds of thousands of taels of silver. He didn't dare to spend it when he got it, so he buried it in his own land... ...When the people from the Ministry of Justice seized it, they only saw a pit full of money, oh! That is called a spectacular sight!"