Chapter 78 Not someone who gives up

The heat spread all the way to Xie Miao's heart through the clasped hands.

A look of bewilderment flashed on her face, and then she broke free from the shackles and politely said: "Thank you."

Zhou Niannan said nothing and looked at her leisurely.

Xie Miao stiffly changed the subject, "Where are my maids? What did you do to them?"

"Who do you think I am?" Zhou Niannan said, "It's just a few mice that ran into the front yard, and they are all busy catching them."

Xie Miao couldn't help grinding her teeth: ...I want to know where those mice came from, this guy!

The watchman beat the gong and shouted slowly: "The weather is dry and parched, be careful with candles, close the doors and windows to prevent burglary and theft..."

Second watch. (t/n: time from 9pm to 11pm)

Zhou Niannan glanced at the sky and urged: "Come out quickly, otherwise you won't be able to catch it."

Xie Miao didn't understand, "Why can't I catch it?"

Zhou Niannan said: "Of course it's a surprise."

Xie Miao turned around and said, "I don't care."

"Whether you care or not, you won't know until you see it." Zhou Niannan said calmly: "Or do you want me to shout and call everyone to the courtyard?"

Xie Miao: ...She really wanted to hit someone and make the person in front of her cry.

Ah, vexing!

She reluctantly walked to the front door, but heard Zhou Niannan say: "Climb out of the window, and I will catch you."

Xie Miao didn't know what kind of medicine he was selling in the gourd, but now that the matter had come to this, she had no choice but to swallow her anger for the time being. She put aside her usual image, and climbed onto the couch. She stepped on the window sill, and jumped out of the window.

She landed firmly and glanced at Zhou Niannan's empty hands with a stern expression.

Humph, does this young lady need your help?

Zhou Niannan asked: "Are you ready?"

Xie Miao:?

Zhou Niannan moved in front of her. He stretched out his arms to wrap around her slender waist, stepped on his toes and flew into the air. The night wind whistled by his ears, and before Xie Miao could recover from the weightlessness, he was holding her and sitting on the roof.

Before Xie Miao could get angry, Zhou Niannan recognized the situation and let go, hypocritically saying: "Don't sit too far away, or you may fall."

Xie Miao beat his chest and glared at him with murderous intent: God, can you send thunder to chop this scoundrel!

Zhou Niannan touched the bridge of his nose and pointed towards the sky, "Xie Miao, look up."

Xie Miao adapted to the situation and looked up. She saw that the moon was like a silver plate, shining brightly for thousands of miles, and the night was endless.

"It's so beautiful." She sighed.

He was proud of himself and said, "How about it? It's not a bad idea to come with me, right?"

"Hmph." Xie Miao remembered something, glanced at him from the corner of her eye, and asked, "Did you do something relating to Su Panyan and Wen Rubin's matter?"