Chapter 59 Ruffling feathers

Although Cui Muli was worried, there were more important things at hand than love.

He sent people to Zhengcheng to find out whether Lu Xianghe's illness was related to Dian Ziming. He also received news that the people who had gone to Longxi had returned and brought back a key figure.

Yao Tiangang's wet nurse, Madam Liu.

Madam Liu was nearly sixty years old. Due to her poor life, she was haggard and had a stooped and thin body. At first glance, she looked as dejected as an eighty-year-old person.

She had been suffering from illnesses for many years and had travelled long distances. She was in a really bad state at this time. However, facing the handsome and noble young official in front of her, she still cheered up and spoke tremblingly about what she knew.

Half an hour later, Cui Muli got the information he wanted and sent someone to take Madam Liu down and take good care of her.

He stood in front of the window and meditated.

According to the records of the case at that time: Yao Tiangang's wife, Madam Bai, was pregnant when she was arrested and was later imprisoned in a dungeon. She gave birth prematurely to a stillborn baby before it was eight months old.

What Madam Liu just said further confirmed his suspicion.

He walked out of the room, crossed the threshold, and walked towards the bright green courtyard. The darkness faded from the shoulders, the sunlight shone from the dome, and the air flow surged, pushing him forward silently.

The truth that has been buried for many years is about to come out, but it is also shaky.

*

In June, the heat is unbearable.

Ordinary people cannot afford ice at home, so their only pastime is to go to tea stalls to enjoy the coolness, drink a bowl of herbal tea, sip a bowl of jelly, and listen to others chatting about interesting stories about the capital.

To talk about anecdotes from afar, the widow in the East Village had an affair with someone, the scoundrel in Xizhuang took advantage of the little girl... these are all too common, too accessible, and boring.

If you want to talk, let's talk about big things, such as national political affairs, the princes's fight for the heir apparent position, the secrets of the harem... Once we talk about these, the men who have never been out of the village can transform into national teachers, and they can point out the country by narrowing their eyes.

Since the last time something happened to the family of Guo Rui, the concubine of the Fourth Prince, and after the Fourth Prince was punished, the princes have been a lot more quiet. On the contrary, Princess Qingyang, the daughter of Prince Rui who returned to the capital not long ago, caused a lot of trouble. There was a lot of noise attached to her reputation.

"My second uncle's cousin's distant relative works in the palace. It is said that Princess Qingyang is domineering by nature. Taking advantage of the Empress Dowager's favour, she actually spoke rudely to Master Kong's disciples and almost pushed them into the pool and drowned them! "

"Not only that, my third uncle's concubine's niece is working as a maid in the official family. It is said that her young lady accidentally stepped on Princess Qingyang's foot and was slapped twice by her. Even the arranged marriage was ruined because of this!"

"Oh, you are all distant relatives, unlike me. A niece in my fifth service works for Princess Qingyang. It is said that she beats and scolds the maids when she is unhappy, and even maims someone by mistake... It's so cruel!"