Chapter 8 Confrontation

Fu Lu followed Xie Miao closely and when she was far, far away from Suxin Yuan and no one else was around, she grabbed her in a glum manner.

With a pretty white face, she asked stammering: "Miss, you, you, you just made up a lie. Aren't you afraid of being exposed?"

What "Cousin is too boring, thanks to Third Young Master Zhou otherwise he would only read and write all day long", "I heard cousin Cui chatting with my uncle privately", "Listening to my cousin, being a refugee is not simple", "I don't know what to do", "I heard cousin Cui say this one day and I couldn't sleep well at night so I came here to rest"...

Oh heaven and earth! When did the Young Lady become so familiar with the Second Young Master? In the past three years, they have met only a handful of times. The Second Young Master has always been polite and distant, not saying a single unnecessary word, let alone talking about general affairs! What's this about being busy with affairs, homeless people making trouble, and having trouble sleeping at night, Young Lady? Why does the Young Lady say unnecessary words?

"What do you mean by lies?" Xie Miao looked at her with a half-smile, "It's half-truths and half-lies at most"

Of course, everything about Cui Muli is false and everything about the refugees is true.

At this time in the previous life, the refugees had indeed started to cause trouble but the news was blocked by Jingzhao Mansion. The prosperity and tranquillity of the capital was actually destroyed by mere refugees. If word spread, where would Jing Zhaoyin's face be?

However, paper could not contain fire and the refugees eventually caused turmoil and injured Madam Marquis Dingyuan. After an uproar, all the officials related to the matter were dismissed from their posts and as many as fifty to thirty people were arrested and imprisoned in the Ministry of Justice.

A canker surrounded by flowers is still a canker. Unless the bone is scraped to cure the poison, how does one cure gangrene?

The reason why Xie Miao knows so clearly is because Cui Muli performed well in co-handling the case and was praised by the Emperor. He was promoted from the sixth-grade to a fifth-grade official. Even if he suffered setbacks in the following ten years, the fact that he would kill the Buddha when he met the Buddha and if he met the ancestor, he would kill the ancestor ensured his promotion as

the youngest Right Prime Minister of Da Qi.

It's funny to say that everyone was deceived by Cui Muli's appearance, thinking that he was a humble gentleman, as beautiful as jade. But use your brain and think about it. If he is really elegant and harmless, how can he refuse to enter the Hanlin Academy and only choose the Ministry of Justice to become an official among the three provinces and six ministries?

People who can make great achievements in the Ministry of Justice all have dark minds, are shrewd and deep, and their hands are stained with blood... Cui Muli is no exception.

That's all, those people will always know how powerful he is.

"Miss!"

Seeing Xie Miao looking lost in thought, Fu Lu was anxious. She was afraid that Madam Marquis Dingyuan would see through the lies told by the Young Lady, that Second Young Master Cui would fall out with her when he finds out, and that the Young Lady would be blamed by both of them. But the matter has come to this, is there any use in regretting and being anxious?

Fu Lu forced herself to calm down quickly and look for a countermeasure, "I will go down the mountain to find the Second Lady later." The Second Lady has loved the Young Lady since she was a child. Even if the Young Lady makes a mistake, the Second Lady will stand by the Young Lady... by the way, it would be better if she helped to persuade the Lady!