Chapter 24 Timid about the future

After Madam Xie became pregnant, Cui Xijun became visibly depressed. Although Madam Xie wanted to enlighten her, Cui Xijun resisted her. No matter what Madam Xie said or did, in Cui Xijun's eyes, she always spoke sweet words but concealed swords in her smile.

The affection that the two had built up over the years was easily shattered by the child in Madam Xie's belly.

Recalling her father's ecstasy that day, Cui Xijun thought over and over again: When her father knew that her mother was pregnant at that time, had he ever been so happy and looking forward to it? Did he ever called her mother by her nickname and held her hands?

No, definitely not. Others said that mother and father treated each other with respect, but father treated Madam Xie very well. In this way, the children born to Madam Xie, regardless of gender, would be regarded as treasures by their father.

Although Cui Xijun is willful and domineering, her temperament is actually particularly sensitive and fragile. She was usually very domineering and relied on the favour of her father and brother. Now that Madam Xie is pregnant, her self-confidence was fundamentally shattered.

The girl who used to be bright had a gloomy look in her eyes.

Xie Miao saw her transformation, but didn't particularly care. Cui Xijun is not difficult to figure out. Although she has a big temper, she has a simple mind and is by no means a malicious person. Although she treated her brother coldly in her previous life, blood is thicker than water and she never did anything to hurt him.

So be it.

Xie Miao was determined to change some of the tragedies of her previous life, but she was unwilling to interfere too much. She is an ordinary person with little strength and limited abilities. Unable to watch the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion coldly, one laments the wasted lives of those 283 people, while the rest... resign themselves to fate and see what happens to them.

On the day of the first snow, Zhou Niannan described the refugee unrest to her in detail, and Xie Miao had already made a preliminary decision in her mind.

No matter what she thought of Cui Muli, she could not deny that he played a crucial role in the whole matter. Whether it was almsgiving, the conspiracy that Dingyuan Marquis Mansion was about to encounter, or even Da Qi's fight for heirs and treasures, and the expansion of territory... everything could not be separated from his presence.

If she wants to change all the dangerous things, the surest way is to use his hand to change things in a safe way.

She had to conceal her identity, gain his trust, and then pass on the key information to him. He would be the one to worry about the follow-up planning. She just had to hide behind him, then walk away, and hide her merit and fame.

So very good, very good.

Her brain began to throb and hurt again. Xie Miao pressed her forehead hard, but the effect was not obvious, so she hurriedly took out the scripture.

All conditioned phenomena are like bubbles in a dream, like dew or lightning, and should be observed as such. (quoted from "Diamond Sutra")

She should learn to let go of the past life and the current life.

*

At the beginning of the New Year, time flies by quickly, and unknowingly the day when Fang Zhiruo got married has passed by.

Qiaogu received Xie Miao's advice and secretly paid attention to news about Fang Zhiruo. Sure enough, she learned from Boss Yu that the marriage had failed that day, but the reason was unclear.