Chapter 5 Picking persimmons

When it got a little brighter, Xie Miao asked Fu Lu to send Qiaogu down the mountain. Lan Xia volunteered to go with her but Xie Miao made her stay behind.

Fu Lu saw that her Young Lady's eyes were somewhat cold and before leaving, she specifically told Lan Xia: "Listen to the Young Lady's instructions and don't talk back."

After Fu Lu and Qiaogu left, Lan Xia turned around and saw Xie Miao sitting on the bed with a calm expression on her face, clearly looking like she was about to lecture her. She didn't dare smile anymore so she stood in front of her and called respectfully: "Miss."

Xie Miao sat upright, clasping her hands on her knees, "Do you know what I want to say to you?"

Lan Xia said: "I know. The Young Lady wants to admonish me for being rude to Qiaogu."

Xie Miao said: "Oh? Now you know that you are rude?"

Despite Fu Lu's warning, Lan Xia still felt aggrieved. She pouted and said unconvincingly: "This slave is rude but she did something wrong first. She went into the yard to steal persimmons in the middle of the night. If this slave didn't go out with a broom to chase people away then should we make tea and hold a chair to entertain her?"

Xie Miao sighed in her heart: Lan Xia was lively and loyal to her but she was reckless and spoke unabashedly. She didn't feel bad about this in her previous life. Even though Lan Xia didn't know the importance of things, she actually went to Cui Muli because of her matter. Cui Muli seems to have a good temper but in fact he is extremely strict in propriety. Just because he doesn't care about things doesn't mean he has no temper. No matter how she begged for mercy that time, it was useless. Lan Xia was beaten and sold out of the house and their fate as master and servant ended.

Thinking of the past, Xie Miao couldn't help but feel a headache and pressed her forehead with her hand.

"Lan Xia, kneel down."

"Miss!"

"Kneel down!"

Lan Xia rarely saw her Young Lady get angry so she knelt down as soon as her legs went weak.

"Hold your hands out."

Lan Xia knew that she would not be able to avoid the lesson so she spread her hands and raised them in front of her.

Xie Miao took out a ruler, walked up to her and said in a cold voice: "You are unreasonable and don't think that you are wrong. This is a mistake."

The ruler was raised high and dropped heavily. With a "slap" sound, Lan Xia pursed her lips tightly, her eyes stubborn.

She still didn't feel like she was at fault.

"When you meet a thief at night, you run into the courtyard to confront him without knowing the seriousness of the matter. This is the second mistake."

There was another "slap" sound and Lan Xia's hands trembled slightly.

"Knowing that the other person is a child, you threaten her without mercy. This is three wrongs."

Lan Xia had tears in her eyes and looked down at the floor.

Xie Miao said sternly: "You used cousin Cui's official title and lied about personal affairs. If you caused a big disaster for him and the Cui family, it would be a disaster for the whole family! Let me ask you, what is your last mistake? Can you afford the consequences?!"

When Lan Xia heard this, her hands and feet became numb for a moment and she fell to the ground.

"Miss, this slave, this slave, I didn't expect..." At that time, she only wanted to scare the thief and she never thought about the consequences of borrowing the name of Young Master Cui.