Chapter 47 Flower Festival Banquet

After a long journey of half a month, the first thing to do when returning home is to wash and change clothes.

Cui Muli wore a white inner garment and a sky-blue silk shirt. The silk ribbon was not tied. His hair was half-dried and hung lazily down his back. Compared to his usual well-dressed appearance, he now looked casual and elegant, leisurely and comfortable.

He sat behind the desk and listened to Steward Bai reporting to him the major and minor matters in the mansion for half a month. Not long after, Steward Bai retreated and Shen Yang came in.

"Young Master, news came from Third Young Master Zhou saying that the people sent to Yandu to look for Qiu Min have lost track of him. Qiu Min disappeared in Jinling."

Qiu Min is the son of Qiu Zhao, the right-wing official who accompanied the Fourth Prince when he was dealing with floods.

Cui Muli was not in a hurry to ask. He took a sip of tea, and said, "As expected, the tea in the mansion is delicious." He opened the thin invitation on the table, glanced at it casually, and threw it aside, "How is this child?"

Shen Yang said: "Third Young Master Zhou's guards said that although he is young, he is cunning and devious, acting like a fox and a mouse."

Cui Muli raised his eyes and said, "Ask Shen Hua to go to Jinling in person."

"Yes." Shen Yang responded respectfully. He should have retreated, but for some reason he remained motionless. "Young Master..."

Cui Muli asked, "What's the matter?"

Shen Yang said: "It's Miss Cousin..."

Cui Muli didn't say a word and started to look through the files.

Seeing that he didn't stop him, Shen Yang hurriedly said: "During the time you left, Third Young Master Zhou was waiting at the door of Cui Mansion every day, waiting for Miss Cousin. Seven days ago, he followed Miss Cousin to Jushang Pavilion and proposed to Miss Cousin."

Cui Muli paused his fingertips, "Proposing marriage?"

"Yes." Shen Yang took a breath and said, "However Miss Cousin refused, claiming that she would never marry Third Young Master Zhou, and..."

Cui Muli closed the case file.

"Miss Cousin said that she doesn't care whether it's Third Young Master Zhou, you, or anyone else. She...she wants to give up secular life and become a nun." Shen Yang said hesitantly: "When the Second Madam's child is a hundred days old, she will go to Qingxin Temple to get officially ordained."

The room suddenly fell silent.

Shen Yang secretly looked at the Young Master and saw that he was as usual, except that his eyes were darker and his smile was lighter. Well, he seemed to be fine.

Could it be that he thought wrong?

Cui Muli didn't speak for a long time. He picked up the Ru kiln azure-glazed tea cup again. After sipping it lightly, he frowned impatiently, "Who made the tea?"

Shen Yang said: "It's Qiao Mu."

Cui Muli said: "If his tea skills deteriorate, I will deduct two months of his monthly salary."

"..." Young Master, that's not what you just said.

After a while, Cui Muli scolded: "Nonsense."

Shen Yang secretly thought, that's not it. When did the Young Master become so fussy about a cup of tea?

He heard him say again: "Still young, the temperament is unstable, the words and deeds are careless, it is really fooling around."

Shen Yang: Who? Miss Cousin? Sixteen, not too young to get married...