Chapter 30 Never saw anyone

He sat leisurely in front of her desk, holding her scriptures in his hands. Even the teacups in front of him were the pair of celadon auspicious cloud cups that she usually used.

When she entered the study, he only raised his head to say hello, not even making any move to get up.

What is this called, a dove seizing a magpie's nest? The presumptuous guest usurping the role of the host?

Xie Miao was furious. Thinking about the purpose of his coming here, she had to force out a smile and said, "Cousin Cui, why are you here?"

Cui Muli put down the scripture and carefully smoothed the footer with his fingertips, "I haven't seen my cousin for a long time, so I came to visit."

Hehe.

Xie Miao patiently tried to be polite to him, "I have troubled cousin."

The host was standing and the guest was sitting. However, one of them didn't realize it and had no intention of giving up his seat. "Cousin, please take a seat."

...

Xie Miao endured it and sat on a chair nearby.

Cui Muli's eyes passed over her and returned to the desk. There is a stack of scriptures piled on top: "Heart Sutra", "Diamond Sutra", "Huayan Sutra", "Great Compassion Mantra"...

"Have you been reciting sutras recently?"

"When I have nothing to do, I try to understand the mysteries of Buddhism."

"My cousin has changed a lot." Cui Muli looked at her steadily, his eyes deep and meaningless, "It's very different from before."

So what if she has changed? After all, she was not pretending to be someone else, nor has her body been taken over by a lonely ghost.

Xie Miao met his gaze and said with a smile, "Oh? Really."

Yes or no, what's the point?

Seeing her noncommittal, Cui Muli smiled lightly and turned to Fu Lu, who had lowered her head since she entered the door.

Fu Lu suddenly felt a thorn in her back. She braced herself and whispered, "Miss, I'll make you some tea."

Before one foot crossed the threshold, Cui Muli's cold voice said, "Wait a minute."

Fu Lu's body froze, unable to stand and not having the courage to walk.

Xie Miao tilted her head slightly, blinked, and seemed puzzled, "Cousin, what's wrong with my maid?"

"There is indeed something going on." Cui Muli added: "Business matters."

As soon as these words came out, Fu Lu's head lowered.

Xie Miao calmed down and said seriously: "My cousin works in the Ministry of Justice. Since it is official business, it must be an important matter. It's just that Fu Lu has been inseparable from me. I don't know when she got involved in trouble?"

Cui Muli did not answer immediately. He glanced around and asked, "Where is your other maid?"

Xie Miao replied: "She has something to do and has gone out."

She was thinking silently in her heart, hoping that Lan Xia would not come back. But then she heard Lan Xia's careless voice coming from outside, "Miss, there is spring bamboo shoots and chicken stewed for lunch today. It tastes so delicious. Please stop being vegetarian for now and try this chicken soup!"

Xie Miao:...Did God do it on purpose?

Lan Xia pushed the door open with her elbow and was about to say something. She looked up and saw Cui Muli and immediately fell silent. She secretly asked Xie Miao with her eyes: Miss, why is the Second Young Master here?