Chapter 92 Leave behind the past

Xie Miao has no other ability, but she is good at pretending to be stupid. Faced with Cui Muli's affectionate promise, she was able to change it into something else.

She looked serious and said: "My cousin has done his best to serve the people. If I encounter difficulties in the future, I will definitely seek your help."

If a husband wants to do something well, he must know beforehand what is natural for him, so that he is not afraid and can plan for it slowly. (Quoted from what Su Shi said in his review of Chao Cuo.) (t/n: what it means is that if you want to do something well, you should first plan the order in which you want to do it and have a firm attitude towards doing it. When something really happens or must start, don't be afraid, don't be impatient, and act step by step according to the plan.)

Cui Muli shook his head and let her go, but...

"A-Miao likes fifth brother very much?" he asked.

Xie Miao's eyes were filled with smiles, "Musheng is born with a beautiful face, and his facial features resemble those of my aunt. Naturally, I like him."

Cui Muli said: "The fifth brother does look more like my mother. They say that the son resembles the mother and the daughter resembles the father. It makes sense when you think about it."

Xie Miao thought about it, Cui Xijun and her uncle has similar facial features, but Cui Muli...

"Do you look like your mother?"

Cui Muli nodded, "Exactly."

Xie Miao knew that his biological mother died young and it was rude to ask this topic, so she shut up and did not continue. However, Cui Muli took the initiative and said, "Everyone who has met my mother said that she and I are very similar."

Xie Miao imagined it for a moment and said sincerely: "Your mother must be very beautiful."

Cui Muli laughed, "If not for this, how could my father insist on marrying her after just one glance?"

What is the past between her uncle and Madam He? Ahem, she seems to have heard some incredible secret.

On the one hand, Xie Miao secretly accused herself of being meddlesome, but on the other hand, she couldn't bear to be curious. To listen or not to listen? It's really a question worth thinking about.

Cui Muli saw her entanglement and said calmly: "My father longed for her and begged my grandfather to go to propose marriage. He finally got his wish, but it's a pity..."

Xie Miao raised her ears, huh? What's a pity?

Cui Muli sighed, "It's okay not to mention it."

Xie Miao: ...Speaking only half of the words. Really good.

Cui Muli turned to talk about other things, "My mother was in poor health and stayed home all year round. After giving birth to Xijun, she was bedridden for a long time. Xijun and I rarely get along with her."

Xie Miao said dryly: "Oh."

Cui Muli said: "Speaking of which, after mother entered the house, the second branch is much livelier than before."

Xie Miao knew that the mother he mentioned referred to "Madam Xie". After thinking for a while, she said: "You may not know, my aunt's biological mother, my biological grandmother, also died young. Now the old Madam of the Xie family is my grandmother's concubine younger sister."

Cui Muli was "surprised": "Is this so?"

"Yes." Xie Miao said: "However, my step-grandmother is a person who cares about every coin. My step-grandmother often made things difficult for aunt and my father when they were young. When my aunt grew up and married into the Cui Mansion, she sees you and Xijun as if she were seeing the past her and her elder brother. In these years, you can surely sense that although aunt is a person who speaks without pretence, she is kind-hearted and does not show any hypocrisy in her treatment of you and Xijun. This is all because she suffered like this when she was a child, therefore she does not want you to receive the same suffering. "