Chapter 81 I want

Xie Miao had never seen him look so weak. After being stunned, she asked, "Are you feeling better?"

"It's okay, it's just a minor injury." Cui Muli said, "A-Miao, sit down and chat."

If it was a minor injury, why did three imperial doctors need to provide first aid for two hours?

Xie Miao had no intention of exposing him. She moved a stool and sat down not far from the bedside. She was stupefied when her eyes fell.

...

"Cousin," she said, "You are holding the book upside down."

"Oh." Cui Muli turned the book back and said with a calm expression, "Okay."

Xie Miao was sitting upright. Whilst thinking about how she could inquire without leaving any trace, Cui Muli said: "Can you sit closer? I was injured and my eyesight is somewhat reduced."

Xie Miao raised her eyes suspiciously, is there such a thing?

Cui Muli said: "I was in a coma for three days before I woke up. It took another three days before I could sit up..."

Xie Miao moved forward with the stool.

Cui Muli: "At first, I couldn't drink the medicine. Shen Yang finally fed me some, and I immediately vomited it out..."

Xie Miao simply put the stool next to the bed. Cui Muli ceased exploiting his misery and said with a smile, "Many thanks Cousin, for coming to see me."

Xie Miao asked a question, already knowing the answer: "Cousin, the arrest of Wang Yongqi, the Minister of the Ministry of War, is also related to the disaster silver case?"

Cui Muli said: "Eight years ago, Wang Yongqi and Yu Junfeng, the Minister of Dali Temple, were ordered to go to Longxi to investigate the case. He secretly found out that the matter was caused by General Zou, but did not report it to the court. Instead, he transferred the disaster money to Hangzhou Prefecture and together with his uncle, Wang Keyi, he seized a huge sum of money."

Xie Miao asked again: "Then the Emperor had people raid the estate of the Chief Minister of Ministry of War. Does this mean that the case has been settled and Chief Minister Wang and Wang Keyi will plead guilty and be executed?"

Cui Muli said: "On the day I was attacked, Wang Yongqi said he had something to say to me. Not long after I arrived at the zhao yu, Wang Keyi committed suicide in prison. Wang Yongqi was arrested and confessed, and I was assassinated on the way back home."

Xie Miao said superfluous words seriously, "Cousin Cui, you are being targeted."

Cui Muli said: "Three feet of ice cannot be frozen in a day. The accumulation of soil into a mountain is not the work of Si Xu. Wang Yongqi used to cover the sky with one hand in the Ministry of War. If you want to eliminate his power, you can only do it step by step."

Xie Miao asked: "Aren't you afraid?"

Cui Muli asked back: "Can you retreat if you are afraid?"

...No, if the Cui Mansion and the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion retreat, the only consequences will be the collapse of their families and the separation of their wives and children.

She stared at him. Even though his face was haggard, he was still polished and incorruptible, and his integrity was as strong as pine. It is this kind of tenacity that can carry the Cui family's immortal character for centuries.

She sincerely admired him and said, "Cousin, you have to be more careful from now on."

Cui Muli was delighted by the worry in her eyes when he heard her say: "When are you going to report to the Emperor the evil deeds of that scumbag, Dian Ziming?"