Chapter 73 Steady progress

The second branch gained another son, and red silk was hung in every corner of Cui's house. There was an endless stream of people coming to congratulate Cui Shishuo, and Cui Shishuo was so busy that he couldn't even touch the ground.

Madam Xie was moved to a clean wing. Half leaning on a soft bed, Yanzi fed her ginseng soup. On the side, Xie Miao stood next to the wet nurse Madam Fan, staring intently at the sleeping baby in the swaddling clothes. She was happy when she looked to the left, and even more joyful when she looked to the right.

She asked curiously: "Don't they say that newborn babies look like monkey cubs? Why is my brother so good-looking?"

Madam Fan laughed when she heard this, "Those wrinkled babies are mostly born before full term. Our fifth son stayed in Madam's belly for a long time and had enough nutrition. When he is born, he is naturally white and tender, and very pleasing to the eye." "

Xie Miao gained insight and said, "So that's how it is."

Madam Fan said: "Miss Cousin, do you want to hug the Fifth Young Master?"

Xie Miao waved her hands quickly, "No, no need."

Madam Fan said: "Don't be afraid, the Fifth Young Master is asleep and very well behaved."

Madam Xie pushed away the spoon brought by Yanzi, indicating that she would not drink anymore, and said with a smile: "A-Miao, hurry up and give your brother a hug."

Xie Miao couldn't refuse, so she had to take the bundle of swaddling clothes, moving carefully for fear of causing discomfort to the baby.

"Aunt, hold him like this, right?" She whispered softly.

Madam Xie was amused by her appearance, "Yes, it's good to hold him like this."

Xie Miao gazed at the baby's comfortably sleeping face, and a strange feeling gradually filled a place in her heart that had been empty for a long time.

Madam Xie and Yanzi joked: "Look, A-Miao is so happy with the child, she will definitely be a qualified mother in the future."

Yanzi smiled and said, "Yes, Miss Cousin hugged him very well. Look, the Fifth Young Master is smiling."

The pink and jade-like baby was indeed smiling. Xie Miao blinked and suppressed the soreness in her nose.

So good, ah.

Not long after, Madam Fan took her young master next door to rest. Xie Miao sat on the bedside and talked to Madam Xie.

Xie Miao asked: "Aunt, does it hurt to give birth?"

Madam Xie's face was still pale, "It hurts. It took me half my life to give birth. Fortunately, your uncle already has a son and a daughter. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to bear it if you asked me to have more children."

Xie Miao hesitated for a while and asked, "Aunt, aren't you angry?"

Madam Xie understood what she meant and shook her head gently, "A-Miao, your uncle has his own difficulties."

Xie Miao didn't ask any more questions. Her aunt and uncle were of the same mind, understood and tolerated each other, and there was no need for outsiders to worry.

"Has a name been chosen for younger brother?" Xie Miao asked knowingly.

"Yes, he is named by his father, Cui Musheng."

The word Sheng means prosperity.

Xie Miao praised: "What a good name."

Although Madam Xie's body was weak, her eyes were shining brightly, and she looked straight at her, "A-Miao, let's talk about what's going on with you and Muli now?"