Chapter 55 Like not dislike

Two days later, Hong Lan was ordered to wait for Xie Miao at the west pier. At the end of the morning, Xie Miao showed up as promised.

Hong Lan stepped forward, saluted her, and said with a smile, "Miss Xie."

Xie Miao replied: "The weather is hot, Aunt Hong Lan has been waiting for a long time."

Hong Lan quickly helped her, "Miss Xie, there is no need to be polite. This is your servant's duty. Madam is already waiting in the boat, please come with me."

There was a gorgeous two-storey boat docked at the pier. Xie Miao looked at it briefly but didn't scrutinise it.

Hong Lan led her up to the second floor. In the pavilion with raised eaves, Madam Marquis Dingyuan sat leaning against the railing. The boundless clear water behind her gave her a layer of soft light, ethereal and quiet, so beautiful that it didn't look like a real person.

"Miss Xie." Madam Marquis Dingyuan spoke first.

Xie Miao took a few steps forward and leaned her body to salute, "Madam, you are well."

Madam Marquis Dingyuan smiled, her posture still high, but a little more friendly, "Come and sit down, drink tea with me."

There is a set of azure Ru kiln porcelain glazed cicada wing tea set on the table. It is shiny and smooth, just like the woman in front of her, showing exquisite nobility in every aspect.

Hong Lan had quietly retreated. Xie Miao stood up, holding the pot in one hand and lightly pressing the lid with the other. Her thin arms were slightly tilted, and the tea trickled into the cup.

She held the cup with both hands and brought it to Madam Marquis Dingyuan, "Madam, please have tea."

Madam Marquis Dingyuan took it and smelled the fragrance of the tea, "Good tea."

Junshan Silver Leaf Gongjian produced in Dongting Lake is made from only the freshly extracted tea tree buds that have not yet opened. The annual output is small and very valuable.

Xie Miao lowered her head and saw that the soaked bud tips stood upright in the cup, like mountains of knifes and swords, announcing the menacing approach of the opponent.

She said: "It is indeed good tea."

Madam Marquis Dingyuan noticed her seeming alertness under her respectful attitude. She smiled silently, and looked at the lake, "What do you think of this scenery?"

The surface of the lake is like a mirror, reflecting the green peaks. At this moment, it is like a painting of the boat drifting smoothly among the peaks.

Xie Miao praised: "The rivers and lakes shrouded in mist are immovable and the shadows are deep. The aquamarine colour is completely without the deep green colour. The colour of Dongyang Lake is naturally unparalleled."

Madam Marquis Dingyuan took advantage of the situation and said: "If you like it, you can come with me to see it from time to time."

Xie Miao's smile froze. She never expected that Madam Marquis Dingyuan would have such an attitude. In the few times they met, Madam Marquis's polite manners had the arrogance of a superior, and she was not an approachable character.

Before coming, she was prepared to endure difficulty and to be ridiculed. However, according to Madam Marquis Dingyuan's meaning, she looked favourably upon this matter?

Or is it the other party's pretence to test the situation?

She thought about it and said carefully: "Madam, I..."