Chapter 80 A wrong move

Throughout the ages, the Mid-Autumn Festival has been a day for family reunion.

However, on the eve of the Mid-Autumn Festival, the Mansion of the Minister of War in the capital was raided. Wang Yongqi, the Minister of War, was arrested while sleeping soundly in the middle of the night and sent to the zhao yu, a prison rumoured to be entered only but not exited.

There are rumours that Wang Yongqi's arrest may be related to the Honghe River Valley disaster silver case.

Inside the zhao yu, that the common people were frightened of, Wang Yongqi was held in solitary confinement. The secret room was dark and damp, with a low roof. Adults could not get up and could only huddle in the corner.

His clothes were in rags, his body was covered in bruises, and he smelled of blood, sweat, and an unbearable stench.

Three days have passed since his arrest. During this period, no matter how much he requested to meet with the Emperor, nothing happened.

It seems that the Emperor has made up his mind.

Wang Yongqi curled his lips and sneered, his eyes flashing with coldness.

He really underestimated them...

He banged his shackles against the wall and shouted, "Come here, I have something to say!"

The impatient voice of the jailer came through the wall, "Chief Minister Wang, things are not as good as in the past. Want to see the Emperor? I'm afraid you can only see him in your dreams!"

If he had been like in the past, he would have been able to tear him into pieces with just a flick of his finger...

Wang Yongqi looked gloomy and his anger surged, but he could only swallow his anger and said: "I want to see Cui Muli. There are some things I want to say to him alone."

After a moment of silence outside, the jailer said, "Is it Cui Muli, the Second Young Master Cui who has an immeasurable future among the number one scholars appointed by the Emperor?"

The series of titles made Wang Yongqi's veins jump, and he squeezed out one word from between his teeth, "Yes."

The jailer said: "I can help you pass the message, but to meet you or not is Official Cui's business."

Not long after, the news reached Cui Muli, who asked, "Has Wang Yongqi pleaded guilty?"

The jailer said: "My Lord, Wang Yongqi is very stubborn. No matter how much Chief Minister Luo tortured him, he would not come clean. He only shouted every day that he wanted to see the Emperor. The Emperor refused to see him, so he changed his words and wanted to see you, saying that he would only talk to you alone for some things. "

Cui Muli said: "Then let's take a trip."

*

In the interrogation room, the walls were covered with all kinds of torture instruments, and everywhere as far as the eye could see were mottled with dried and blackened blood, which was hard to remove over the years.

Wang Yongqi sat behind the desk with his head shackled, his hands and feet shackled with heavy manacles, and his whole body was in a miserable state. There was a coldness deep in his bones.

On the contrary, Cui Muli was sitting on a high-back chair five feet away, with an outstanding appearance, like a celestial being.

The jailer retreated, leaving the two of them alone.

Wang Yongqi's gaze was similar to a snake's forked tongue, danger wandering on his face, "Good nephew Cui, I haven't seen you for several months. You have really made this official see you in a new light."