Chapter 31 Jifeng

On the second day, Xie Miao's eyes were greenish, her energy was feeble, her body was weak, her voice was like gossamer, and she was wandering in the yard like a lonely ghost.

Don't ask, it was because she had insomnia and hadn't slept well.

On the third day, she was finally able to fall asleep peacefully. She slept until noon with her spring quilt in her arms, putting aside her morning classes for the time being.

After feeling refreshed, Xie Miao counted the days and found that the day to write a second letter to Cui Muli was getting closer. She flattened out a piece of rough-edged paper—an old paper specially brought from Fang Zhiruo. What does the Ministry of Justice rely on to solve crimes? Alertness, vigilance, meticulousness, courage, ruthlessness...all are indispensable. She knew how powerful Cui Muli was, and if she remained unchanged, it would be easy for him to catch her tail.

This time she deliberately changed the pen, ink, and paper. The ones she used were all inferior products. The handwriting is even more crooked than last time, written with the left hand. The content of the letter is very simple, just eight words, but the meaning contained in is sure to make Cui Muli possibly alarmed and afraid. He will be afraid to believe it.

She just wants Cui Muli's "trust".

As for the method of delivering the letter this time, she also has a new plan. Because she was extremely in love with him in her previous life, she did a lot of research. It included his interpersonal relationships, trying to find a few reliable people... it was simply no effort at all.

Before the paper was dry, Cui Xining came to visit. Xie Miao hurriedly stuffed the letter into the drawer. She raised her head and smiled, "You are here."

Cui Xining entered the room with her skirt in hand and motioned to the maid to put the food box on the table, "Big brother brought back some pastries, and I wanted to try them with you."

The two people who had shared secrets were closer than before.

Xie Miao was not polite and ate cakes with her. The pastries are sweet and melt in the mouth, and makes the mouth feel greasy after eating too much. Cui Xining drank green tea to relieve the greasiness. When she looked at Xie Miao, the teacup in her hand had not been touched.

"Your tea is pretty good." Cui Xining praised, "Why don't you try it?"

Xie Miao's face stiffened and she refused three times, "No thank you, help yourself."

Cui Xining has a tolerant temperament and did not force it. She asked, "Are you free tomorrow?"

The paper mill is getting better and better. With Fang Zhiruo in charge, Xie Miao, the nominal second shopkeeper, is free again. She said: "You have free time, do you have something to do? I declare in advance that I will not cover you to meet your lover."

Cui Xining glared at her angrily, "What nonsense are you talking about? Shen Lang wants to study, so how can he have time to meet me."

Xie Miao doesn't like sweets, so she took a few bites and then stopped, "Then what are you going to do?"

"Spring blooms in March, the time is beautiful. Don't you want to go out for a walk?"

"Oh, you reminded me, it's time to go to Qingxin Temple——"

"I mean outings, horseback riding, and fun!" Even though Cui Xining had a good temper, she was amused to the point of laughing and crying. "I want to go horseback riding. Can you go with me?"

Speaking of horse riding, Xie Miao couldn't help but think of someone, "Why don't you go with Cui Xijun?"

Cui Xining frowned and said helplessly: "Xijun has been in a bad mood recently and spends more time with Su Panyan." But she was thinking secretly in her heart that Su Panyan seemed... something seems a little amiss.